New World

Hulkster

Striker
New MMO from Amazon, out in August.

You can get access to the beta now by pre-ordering.

I've done that and it seems Cammy so far, something like WoW meets Dark Souls.

My crappy laptop struggles with it mind so I may either cancel the pre order or get a new pc 😂

Don't like it. It's more like Guild Wars 2.

The problem with non-subscription games in today's era is that there will be some sort of pay to win feature, and that's exactly what they had in Alpha before some anonymous guy leaked it and they removed it. But it's inevitable. Just another cash cow to ship Bezos off to space again.

MMO market is actually very crowded right now...

With Blizzard going full Mike Ashley and also being sued by the American Govt for sexual harassment everyone's looking for a new MMO to play.. FF14 is leading the way with the surge so big they're having to upgrade the servers, and they have an expansion out in November, Ashes of Creation has been in development since 2016 and is due out over the next 12 months and Lost Ark is the most successful MMO in Korea being translated over to Western Europe, now's not a good time to make a game being on monetization, I'll be surprised if New World lasted 12 months.

The problem with non-subscription games in today's era is that there will be some sort of pay to win feature...
Agree with that, would much rather pay a sub if I was getting into an MMO personally.

If I fancy one I'd just reactivate my ff14 account, still have plenty to do as I haven bought the last expansion yet.

Agree with that, would much rather pay a sub if I was getting into an MMO personally.

If I fancy one I'd just reactivate my ff14 account, still have plenty to do as I haven bought the last expansion yet.

FF14 is amazing value. Free trial upto level 60 and you get the base game for £18. I'm so happy they're finding success rn, averaging 500-600k subscribers now peaking over 2 million.

Delayed until 28th Sept.

I feel like the general public consensus on the game is that it's a good game at it's core, alot of similarities with GW2 but it feels soulless at the same time

I found the combat a bit boring, cancelled my pre order.

Laptop also struggled with it, might retry if Amazon put it on Luna.

Back