New Vauxhall Corsa

To be fair., my Dad had a couple of Astras back in the day (including a rust orange Mk.I that I learned to drive in) and they were excellent.
In recent years the wife had a Zafira that cost me f***ing thousands even though we looked after it as per the warranty guidelines etc. My Dad and my Uncle both had Insignias that were never out of the garage and my Mum had a Corsa that was a absolute heap of shit
PSA mate, cheap dirty garbage.

Try to get an ex lease car from somewhere like Knowles or Motability. My ix20 has only been in the garage for its servicing, other than a problem with the radio when it was new. They just replaced the whole unit and it’s never been any bother since. It sailed through its recent MOT too. We really want to get another ix20 but Hyundai have stopped making them in favour of the Kona.

We have spent the last four months looking for a replacement for it but everything else in the small car range comes up short compared to the ix20, so we have to settle for the i20 which is a similar spec but with a bit less room in the boot.
We have owned an ix20 for nearly 10 years now. I find the driving seat to be uncomfortable but otherwise it’s done what we ask of it.

Are the Kia Venga still manufactured? It’s basically the same car.

It was the top spec version. The engine pulls nicely and it’s quite nippy but the windscreen sides impinge on your vision as you drive. I’m used to a wide area of vision on the ix20. It made me feel as though the roof was pressing down on me.

Niggly things like the air con knobs being too small and badly positioned in a recess so that I had to lean forward to reach them were minor irritations. You need to drive it and see what you think. I like the Hyundai layout it’s well thought out with most stuff in a logical position.

Some people might think the good engine outweighs the driving experience and layout of the controls but I want a car that feels intuitive to drive even if I’m not the next boy racer.
Nee bother Jeremy clarkson

I had Astra’s and corsa’s for years and found them ok. Don’t miss it now like but I’ve always like a small car. Mrs has a bigger car

Back