New Variant Sweepstake

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Super variant, nowhere to hide

I really believe this is a tragic and devastating consequence of the last 18 months and something our future generations will have to get used to. The media have fallen upon a winning formula. Scared people click on doom laden headlines. The dye is cast is far as the media are concerned. We will now be constantly bombarded by output telling us that we are facing apocalypse and they will reap the benefits of our intrigue.

There is also the case that these viruses will get worse and kill us all.

I really believe this is a tragic and devastating consequence of the last 18 months and something our future generations will have to get used to. The media have fallen upon a winning formula. Scared people click on doom laden headlines. The dye is cast is far as the media are concerned. We will now be constantly bombarded by output telling us that we are facing apocalypse and they will reap the benefits of our intrigue.

There is also the case that these viruses will get worse and kill us all.
Is that just the last year and a half though?

Is that just the last year and a half though?

I wonder how much they've benefitted from the last year and a half. My guess is that their 'foot fall' has gone through the roof. I'm not saying they should have downplayed any of the events but I do think it's going to be their approach going forward.

I wonder how much they've benefitted from the last year and a half. My guess is that their 'foot fall' has gone through the roof. I'm not saying they should have downplayed any of the events but I do think it's going to be their approach going forward.
Aye they’ve been at it since long before Covid, but an actual real life changing event has been great for them

Never heard of this variant until yesterday. Today we've locked our borders to southern Africa. Given the glacial speed in which they reacted to previous new threats the instant response to this one suggests to me they are very worried about it.

Rightly or wrongly they appear to be shitting themselves. Israel identified one case and Bennett said this morning they are on the verge of a state of emergency

am i being thick here, 6 countries on red list arrive in uk have to quarantine for 10 days in allotted hotel , but say travel S Africa to heathrow via schipol/dubai/paris ie indirectly I only have to quarantine in own house /lodgings for 10 days and test twice ?

am i being thick here, 6 countries on red list arrive in uk have to quarantine for 10 days in allotted hotel , but say travel S Africa to heathrow via schipol/dubai/paris ie indirectly I only have to quarantine in own house /lodgings for 10 days and test twice ?
Direct flights mean no questions asked you are bussed to the hotel for a period of quarantine. If you took the second scenario , you would at some stage need to declare you hadn't travelled through those countries in the last 14 days.

If you were found to be lying, you are liable to be thrown behind bars for 10 years as per Matt Hancock's legislative action.

Back