New tyre advice

I've got 22,000 miles on my tyres and there is about 4mm of tread left on them. I don't wear lead shoes.
Same here, with all my cars I've always had 25-30k miles for the front. They've always been premium brands though.

Need some 235/45 R18 tyres - car came with Bridgestone and they have only done 13000 miles so not impressed with them.

Been trying to do some research and possibly narrowed down to three:
Hankook Ventus V12Ev02, can get £124 at kwik fit with a voucher code
Vredestein Ultrac Satin £131 at black circles (never heard of this brand before today)
Lassa Driveways £87 at tyre spot.

All seem to get good reviews, even the lassa ones, but not sure if users are taking value in to account (?). I'm happy to pay a bit more as long as they last longer. I drive quite conservatively although the car is 2 litre as I tow a caravan occasionally, so I don't need grip for cornering like a racing car driver.

Anyone any experience of these brands / tyres or got any advice?
Are they run flats?

Hard compound tyres tend to be noisier, have less grip but last longer than soft compound.

Just because a tyre lasts longer it doesn't necessarily make it better ;)

13k sounds a really poor return on tyres like. I get at least 30k from fronts and my current rears have 53k on with about 3mm tread left. They're continental eco contact 5. Also get good returns on michelin energy savers. Blackcircles are pretty good and competitive

I used to work in one of tyreservices warehouses, so seen a lot of tyres. I'm surprised about the Bridgestones, normally really good. Comtinentals were always popular although expensive. Pirelli and Dunlop are really good though, I used to always get pirellis, excellent grip and lasted as well.

13k sounds a really poor return on tyres like. I get at least 30k from fronts and my current rears have 53k on with about 3mm tread left. They're continental eco contact 5. Also get good returns on michelin energy savers. Blackcircles are pretty good and competitive

The clues in the name ;)

Not sure how it was driven before me, and how much is the tires / the car.

I agree I would expect at least 20000 minimum

This tread is a train wreck. Im pretty sure the more grip you get the less miles you get, due to friction. So if you want 25,000 miles buy the shittest cheapest tyres.

Hard compound tyres tend to be noisier, have less grip but last longer than soft compound.

Just because a tyre lasts longer it doesn't necessarily make it better ;)
This

This thread has prompted me to have a rake about for 185/55 R16 tyres for the Note. The only A rated tyres are the EcoContact 6 - £80 a go; but if they last that long they might be worth a look. I do plenty of motorway travel, so the fuel savings might actually be worth the difference in price to the £45 no brands I usually stick on.

Back