New tyre advice

Hull_Mackem

Striker
Need some 235/45 R18 tyres - car came with Bridgestone and they have only done 13000 miles so not impressed with them.

Been trying to do some research and possibly narrowed down to three:
Hankook Ventus V12Ev02, can get £124 at kwik fit with a voucher code
Vredestein Ultrac Satin £131 at black circles (never heard of this brand before today)
Lassa Driveways £87 at tyre spot.

All seem to get good reviews, even the lassa ones, but not sure if users are taking value in to account (?). I'm happy to pay a bit more as long as they last longer. I drive quite conservatively although the car is 2 litre as I tow a caravan occasionally, so I don't need grip for cornering like a racing car driver.

Anyone any experience of these brands / tyres or got any advice?

Need some 235/45 R18 tyres - car came with Bridgestone and they have only done 13000 miles so not impressed with them.

Vredestein Ultrac Satin £131 at black circles (never heard of this brand before today)

All seem to get good reviews, even the lassa ones, but not sure if users are taking value in to account (?). I'm happy to pay a bit more as long as they last longer. I drive quite conservatively although the car is 2 litre as I tow a caravan occasionally, so I don't need grip for cornering like a racing car driver.

13k is par for the course these days, dependent big style on the car and your driving. Tyres just dont last like they used too.

I have used this firm twice and they are spot on. Usually cheapest and have a full range. They send a set of tyres to their nearest contractor to you and you make an appointment to have them fitted. Easy and cheap.
I just run bog standard Michelins as I'm a grandad in a Honda 2.2!

13k is par for the course these days, dependent big style on the car and your driving. Tyres just dont last like they used too.
My other car came with michelin and they have done over 20000 and loads to go, although the bridgestone had a previous driver and a bigger car too. Seems pap 13000, maybe I'm out of touch!

To clarify I've heard of black circles, not heard of vredestein

I've pricematched numerous websites and firms to get cheapest place to buy, I'm a saddo for that!

My other car came with michelin and they have done over 20000 and loads to go, although the bridgestone had a previous driver and a bigger car too. Seems pap 13000, maybe I'm out of touch!

I've pricematched numerous websites and firms to get cheapest place to buy, I'm a saddo for that!
A pair of continentals lasted 10k on my partners car. Trial and error tyres realy. Nothing sad in shopping around. The saddos are the people who pay full whack. Blackcircles are ok. You choose pay and book a fitting centre. Easy.

What about Michelin ones if they've been good on your other car?

A pair of continentals lasted 10k on my partners car. Trial and error tyres realy. Nothing sad in shopping around. The saddos are the people who pay full whack. Blackcircles are ok. You choose pay and book a fitting centre. Easy.
Continental are really expensive too

That's excellent . I was getting about half that with Continentals . Got Chinese ones on now . Barlls to the big names they take the piss . Haven't all tyres to be of a high standrd by law ?
They get a rating for fuel efficiency, noise and grip in wet. I've found nearly all are A or B for wet grip and similar noise readings. Fuel efficiency can vary a lot though, albeit it's about £80 for the life of the the tire from A rated to G rated.

Sadly no rating for wear which would be useful.

Always liked Dunlop's. Cheaper than the top-priced ones, but not cheap shite that'll explode on the motorway for no reason.

Blackcircles & mobile fitting, so I don't even have to leave the house :)

Always liked Dunlop's. Cheaper than the top-priced ones, but not cheap shite that'll explode on the motorway for no reason.

Keeps you on edge for those longer drives though ;)

If anyone else is shopping around, Kwik fit have codes for 10% off and free mobile fitting which made them cheaper which I was surprised at. Tyre shopper claim to beat black circles but sometimes didnt, and all are on topcashback.

My Nissan Note seems must have the oddest shaped tyres going; can never get anything with a decent rating. Means they cost a fortune too; so I just buy the cheapest ones I can get my hands on now.

Back