New to cricket

I've just got into cricket this year; like many, I was swept away by the World Cup and the interest stuck with me for the Ashes. Still don't understand all the intricacies but I'd like to get to some live matches in 2020. Does anyone have a handy link they could share which breaks down when each tournament is taking place? It seems like there's quite a lot to keep track of in cricket.

Don't think you'll find fixtures for the 2020 season, bit early. You would have to wait till in the New Year.
Ok ta. Will take a look in a few months.

Got a bit lost trying to keep track of Vitality Blast, County Championship, international games, this new Hundred thing, the 2020-22 qualifiers for 2023 World Cup; it's all a bit alien to me and seems a bit relentless for the players to be involved. Not like football with one main league season and an extra tourney every couple of years!

Ok ta. Will take a look in a few months.

Got a bit lost trying to keep track of Vitality Blast, County Championship, international games, this new Hundred thing, the 2020-22 qualifiers for 2023 World Cup; it's all a bit alien to me and seems a bit relentless for the players to be involved. Not like football with one main league season and an extra tourney every couple of years!

There's people on this board a lot more knowledgeable than me and I'm sure you'll get plenty sage advice. You will probably have a preferred format the more you watch but there is a lot, I agree, and not all of it is quality unfortunately.But as you've found out this past summer it's a tremendous sport! Enjoy.👍

I think they are moving the T20 to June for next year. County Championship matches are canny to grab an hour or 2 of late in the day if you can. Check out the Durham membership prices if you want to go full on saddo like most of us on here.
I'll look into it. I'm 28 so maybe this is one of the signs of abandoning my youth altogether?!
There's people on this board a lot more knowledgeable than me and I'm sure you'll get plenty sage advice. You will probably have a preferred format the more you watch but there is a lot, I agree, and not all of it is quality unfortunately.But as you've found out this past summer it's a tremendous sport! Enjoy.👍
I watched full games of one-day for the WC but only the daily highlights of the Ashes. Both enjoyable but let's see how patient I'd be watching full days of Test cricket.

Last edited:
I've just got into cricket this year; like many, I was swept away by the World Cup and the interest stuck with me for the Ashes. Still don't understand all the intricacies but I'd like to get to some live matches in 2020. Does anyone have a handy link they could share which breaks down when each tournament is taking place? It seems like there's quite a lot to keep track of in cricket.

Durham host Glamorgan on Monday in their final County Championship game - £12 a ticket, take a big coat ;)

Back