New three tier system announced

I wondered if it depended on the gym. Can't see the problem with the type of gym you mentioned above.

I didn't feel comfortable going back to the one I was going to as it was group fitness classes and I felt people were too close together. It was a marked grid of rectangles on the floor and you had to stay in your rectangle but people are less than 2m apart and I wouldn't have liked to have been in one of the middle rectangles with people all around me. They're still doing boxing once a week, so obviously you have to be closer than 2m to each other to do that!

Can't wait to pay increased taxes to cover the money I haven't had 😁

Ah. If some places were doing that...I can understand it. Didn't think fitness classes were still on/allowed!

While the likes of Amazon, who have capitalised through the last 10 months get away without paying tax at all.
That scenario will only be fixed with international agreement, I don’t know but with virtually every government in world in same situation now I suspect we’ll see a way forward emerge very quickly

The Christmas non lockdown will cause hell on, that will last into January Feb March... is it really worth it.

How will it? Even in areas where pubs and restaurants are open it'll still be social distancing rules. Unless people think people are suddenly going to have mass house parties for a week this year?

How will it? Even in areas where pubs and restaurants are open it'll still be social distancing rules. Unless people think people are suddenly going to have mass house parties for a week this year?

Will have to wait and see... Alcohol is notoriously horrendous for making the right decisions

Will have to wait and see... Alcohol is notoriously horrendous for making the right decisions

Just don't think the nation will suddenly become a nation of house partiers at Christmas, especially if pubs are open again. Those that do will have anyway, and vice versa. It'll have a bit of an impact, but Christmas always will anyway. It'll be a couple of gatherings at best then once Boxing Day is done everyone will do the usual, lurk in their own house, eating ket and wondering what day it is. In my opinion of course.

*not as if people live in mansions or owt either.

Last edited:
Just don't think the nation will suddenly become a nation of house partiers at Christmas, especially if pubs are open again. Those that do will have anyway, and vice versa. It'll have a bit of an impact, but Christmas always will anyway. It'll be a couple of gatherings at best then once Boxing Day is done everyone will do the usual, lurk in their own house, eating ket and wondering what day it is. In my opinion of course.

*not as if people live in mansions or owt either.

But the current lockdown ends early December and we revert to the tier system which never worked so not just Christmas... Also Flu season kicks in at the same time.

The people banging on about suicide rates, are usually the ones who have never cared about the issue once in their life, and just want shops and pubs open, but trying to frame it in a way they look good

I know peopel who have actively mocked mental health stuff, no seeming advocates for suicide prevention, hell of a coincidence

i honestly couldn't give a fuck about either of those I'm talking more along thy likes of the GYM, GOLF, martial arts training that me and my son do, things of entertainment cinema etc and obviously the football..

Sunak is set to announce how we start paying the bill for what's gone on in the last 10 months this week too. I suspect the Christmas relaxation is what is going to be used to mask what's coming.
CGT will be a bastard mate
Entrepreneurs Relief will go so that’s me fucked on that score

They’re reopening pubs, which will be even be open by a further hour

Absolute madnsss

500 people a day are dying

Ffs man

Last orders are at 10 pm, closure at 11 pm. I think the idea is rather than everyone leave at 10 pm as a group, people gradually filter away over the following hour.

That said, I agree pubs should stay firmly shut until everyone over 50 is vaccinated. Pubs as mixing points is proven, though not as much as schools and universities.

Last edited:
But the current lockdown ends early December and we revert to the tier system which never worked so not just Christmas... Also Flu season kicks in at the same time.

Tier 3 means closed pubs? Were people all having house parties in Tier 3? The spread was from schools, universities and work premises, which having been cracking on throughout this latest lockdown.

Tier 3 means closed pubs? Were people all having house parties in Tier 3? The spread was from schools, universities and work premises, which having been cracking on throughout this latest lockdown.

That's why it's not made much difference because it's not really had any impact on people moving about

So it’s 4 households over Xmas? They had to do something as it would have been a pain to police Xmas day

that’s just insane, people are taking the piss with the current rules so God knows what will happen with this rule

would have more respect for the government if there had said we can’t change the rules sorry

My problem is that we split the day between houses. 5 households at one, 4 at the other.

Reet old squad that mind.
Can't honestly see it tbh more shopping generally more drinking partying Colleges Schools off etc lots of variables to kick it off again imo

Aye, but in Tier 3 most pubs are shut. So the partying by students will be indoors, which they could do no matter the restrictions anyway.

Last edited:

Back