New things you've cooked during lockdown

Today's rustle up...

Home made pot noodles.

Sauteed chopped carrot, celery, green pepper, spring onion, some garlic, ginger, bit tender stem broccoli, some garden peas, oyster sauce, oxo beef stock, little left over pak choi, bit soy sauce n seasoning, couple of nests of egg noodles. Topper.

Going to start cooking Chinese food soon. Finally got my carbon steel wok the other day, and seasoned it. Did fajitas in it the other day and it was outrageously good to cook in compared to a teflon pan.

School of Wok seems to be an excellent youtube channel.

I'm going to plant a hedge tomorrow. Nowt to do with cooking, but still something I've never done before.

Garden soup with my 2 year old.

Grass
A stick
Pebbles
Daisies
Bark
A feather
2 woodlice
A worm.

Spanish omelette, Italian omelette (Frittata), toad in the hole, shakshuka, basic risotto with salmon steaks and saffron risotto with a small selection of mixed fish meant for a fish pie.
Next on the menu is kedgeree.

There are some great crispy chicken/beef and black-bean recipes online, as good as you would get in a restaurant and they don't even need a good cut of meat or a whole host of ingredients.

Obviously, these can only be eaten as a treat or you'd pile the weight on.

My 15 year old son made chocolate brownies last night. A proper difference from a week ago when I had to practically fight him to stop him going to meet his girlfriend.

This staying at home malarkey is bringing out the chef in loads of people

yeah first time in years I’ve had time. Today I’m doing a ham broth and tomorrow a steak and ale pie.

Back