New Strip leaked?

It’s absolute amateur hour with just sport. Surely this has to be the last year with them. It’s July and no sign of any shirt and now with a betting sponsor on the front of the shirts the kids tops will have stuck on badge with no Nike “tick”due to it being Avec and no sponsor on the front. They will still want to charge £40 for it. It’s pretty hard to justify spending that sort of money on half a shirt.
It’s a shambles and the club must be missing out on a lot of money. I hope it’s something RAWA can bring up with the club and not just get a “we will look into it and get back to you” answer from Steve Davison and Co.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks we should have an abundance of black in our strip because of our nickname is one sandwich short of a picnic.
The strip we wore this last season blows this new one out of the water.

It’s absolute amateur hour with just sport. Surely this has to be the last year with them. It’s July and no sign of any shirt and now with a betting sponsor on the front of the shirts the kids tops will have stuck on badge with no Nike “tick”due to it being Avec and no sponsor on the front. They will still want to charge £40 for it. It’s pretty hard to justify spending that sort of money on half a shirt.
It’s a shambles and the club must be missing out on a lot of money. I hope it’s something RAWA can bring up with the club and not just get a “we will look into it and get back to you” answer from Steve Davison and Co.

getting the kids from DH gate this season, not a chance im paying £27 a shot for two lots of them avec ones again

I fully expect the kids kits to have something like Utilita on the front, to add to the shambleness of it.

It was never fit for purpose mate. It was a truly woeful deal that should never have been signed.

The leak was probably the final straw though and the contract will be ended after this season.

From what I’ve been told, the kit will be launched this week but due to the delay in getting the home shirt on sale, the away could be august. As the kids shirts are Avec, god only knows when they will be ready for purchase
Just realised the bairns have no Nike logo, presumably as they're Avec

Everything about the club is moving in the right direction. Apart from whoever is managing merch, the club shop and ticketing arrangements.

This Steve Davison names keeps cropping up. I know nothing about the bloke but all he has to do is organise a decent strip, open a shop, arrange a strip launch and hire a couple of kids to man a couple of turnstiles on matchday and just make it easy for people to support and put money into the club. If he cant or wont do this the Club need to find someone who will.

Non league clubs with way less resources of SAFC can manage these basic football tasks. Dont like having a pop at the club but we are missing a massive trick here...people want to put money into the Club.

Last edited:
Yep. I believe Nike don’t do the basic templates in kids sizes - hence why Avec make them.

The whole deal is just f***ing shite tbh
Its an utter joke mate. I would imagine a lot more kids' kits are sold than adults'?
Who in their right mind is going to pay 40 quid for a kit that looks like a snide? The away one last season wasn't even the same shade of yellow. Thankfully, my little 'un was 8 and it was the proper one.

We are Sunderland AFC and have the same deal Seaham Red Star have just fucked off man!

Everything about the club is moving in the right direction. Apart from whoever is managing merch, the club shop and ticketing arrangements.

This Steve Davison names keeps cropping up. I know nothing about the bloke but all he has to do is organise a decent strip, open a shop, arrange a strip launch and hire a couple of kids to man a couple of turnstiles on matchday and just make it easy for people to support and put money into the club. If he cant or wont do this the Club need to find someone who will.

Non league clubs with way less resources of SAFC can manage these basic football tasks. Dont like having a pop at the club but we are missing a massive trick here...people want to put money into the Club.
I know little of this Davison fella other than some of his commemts from the RAWA minutes - saying the Ladies' team's attendances were disappointing, announcing there would very likely be season ticket price rises etc and that's without the ticket office and club shop debacles. It just seems all negative.
I'd be interested to hear of anything positive he's actually done
Good to see the fans putting money in the club coffers!
They would if they could

Back