New shirt ?

I think Nike made a statement some time last year that they would no longer be giving teamwear kits to clubs and all designs would be bespoke. Wonder if that's why they're recently made rather than stuff that was done 12 months ago.

Have you seen them yet?
So then why do Northampton have the striped kit from the catalogue

Hummel recent kits released in past week and last season are quality. It shows when you bespoke things or even just make some changes it's more beneficial. While I'm hoping this Nike shirt is decent I hope we have a good range with a quality away top. Like the two dark fade blue we had with Nike years ago. Or a decent coloured kit, something different but has a feel that either home or away is a safc kit from the past etc

quality wise, the Hummel kits are meant to be completely tosh.

never going to please everyone. We’re not a big club so will never have a unique kit made by one of the bigger manufacturers. The Umbro, Adidas kits over past 10 years, and presumably Nike have just been templated. People twist as it’s the same as West Brom or someone. Get something unique, poorer quality and/or not as recognised manufacturer. People twist as it’s not one of the elite manufacturers.

it’s all boring as fuck anyway. Bland red and white stripes etc. Would be far more interesting if the club took an approach with the stripes like Barca, Inter do.

I heard that the kits for 2019/20 will be the same for 2020/21

They 100% won't be as we have a deal with nike now.
That was for clubs contracted directly with Nike though wasn’t it? Ours is through Justsport.

Ah right. Hadn't realized they were making that distinction. Should have guessed we'd be in the teamwear bin with all the other rejects.
The kit is f***ing hideous. There’s no place for orange on a Sunderland home shirt

is it an orangey red like the 15 pt season kit, or actual orange accents or something?
So then why do Northampton have the striped kit from the catalogue

Has been said it doesn't apply to teams who don't have a direct deal with Nike.

Last edited:

Back