New series of Ambulance - The BBC programme features North East Ambulance Service

It’s all very scripted and not true, the people who are dispatching the ambulances and then supposedly being upset and crying about the jobs are hardly even involved…… The people who take the calls are getting no credit at all when they are the first point of contact for every patient that rings up.

Really felt for the old fella (John I think it was?) who was caring for his wife with repeated UTIs.

Could tell he was at his wits end with it all.
Yeah he was, and the old chap that designed furniture reminded me of my Uncle. Very proud and not really wanting to have strangers coming in to look after them, sad when the realization hits them they cant manage anymore.

Really felt for the old fella (John I think it was?) who was caring for his wife with repeated UTIs.

Could tell he was at his wits end with it all.
Yeah he was, and the old chap that designed furniture reminded me of my Uncle. Very proud and not really wanting to have strangers coming in to look after them, sad when the realization hits them they cant manage anymore.
These were the two that got to me :cry:

Episode tonight, awful with that call handler trying to help someone, the person telling her to hurry up and then making a complaint. Imagine phoning an ambulance life and death and all that and only being bothered about making a complaint as if it was British gas, Someone also needs to tell the producers is it really necessary to show the Tyne bridge every 2mjns, at one point I thought I might forget what it looked like.

Currently in A&E with my Dad (he’s okay). Been here for 5 hours and still no decision as to whether he’s in for the night, although the night is on its way now anyway. Apparently we picked the wrong day, there are some cases that need more attention at the moment. It’s all a bit hectic as the tv seems to show.

Currently in A&E with my Dad (he’s okay). Been here for 5 hours and still no decision as to whether he’s in for the night, although the night is on its way now anyway. Apparently we picked the wrong day, there are some cases that need more attention at the moment. It’s all a bit hectic as the tv seems to show.
My dad made his way to A&E on his own following what I thought was a heart attack. Long story but wished my mother had just phoned for an ambulance as sure he would have been seen sooner. Anyway, hope you dad gets sorted - I know A&E do their best but you do wonder how they prioritise when you have been sitting for 5 hours.

Anyone else think the radio calls thanking each other at the end of the shift are a bit scripted and too nice ?

They certainly are
YEs there are entirely scripted. 2 mates are paramedics and they both say that its normally a bollocking for chatting over the radio

I wouldnt say you get a bollocking. It just doesnt happen. A bad job will result in shift managers private calling crews to ask if they're alright. The comms lot wont give a hoot and will want to give out the next job. Starting to find the whole craic between comms lot tedious and would like to see more of the clever treatment at scenes by the crews. Show them for the talent they really have

Last edited:
They certainly are

I wouldnt say you get a bollocking. It just doesnt happen. A bad job will result in shift managers private calling crews to ask if they're alright. The comms lot wont give a hoot and will want to give out the next job. Starting to find the whole craic between comms lot tedious and would like to see more of the clever treatment at scenes by the crews. Show them for the talent they really have
I say bollicking in the loosest sense. The craic is horrendous and cringey just for the cameras. And yeah a bit more clinical care and not social care would be better

I say bollicking in the loosest sense. The craic is horrendous and cringey just for the cameras. And yeah a bit more clinical care and not social care would be better
Agree about the lack of clinical care, the last episode it was as you say, mainly social care. The alcoholic needing help etc. Mind you, if they spent less time doing aerial shots of the Tyne bridge every few mins (that last episode was very bad) might have time for the clinical stuff.

That 90 year old woman set me right off, none of this dust or grit in my eye bollocks, I was close to tears with her and the poor woman at the end who'd lost her son.

Indeed, already feeling sensitive after losing a mate this week, posted a thread.
Watching this on my own last night, just opened up some wounds. So many others far worse off than us, however got me thinking that age is also moving with me.
Those paramedics Ffs - Angels x

Watched the first one and haven’t been able to watch since. Hand picked jobs and faux welfare calls between comms and the crews.
They should have just allowed the crews and staff in the EOC to crack on as they do on a daily basis showing the extreme pressures and challenges that are regularly placed upon them. Would have made for much better viewing and also really shown the general public these wonderful people in their true light.

Back