New series of Ambulance - The BBC programme features North East Ambulance Service

I'm a bit of a fan of the show, but I didn't like the episode last night.

Those two controllers just wound be up no end and looked to be just playing up to the cameras.
My wife (no) works with ambulance crews daily and they do deal with some horrible stuff, but last night it gave the impression that they broke down in tears after every job, which is probably down to the editing not the real life actuality of the role.

I thought it made the whole operation seem very amateurish and not as professional as the other services that have been used in previous seasons. I know many ambulance and NHS staff personally and I didn't feel this was a true representation of how they work at all.
First time I watched it and that’s the impression I got, yes we are all human but you have to be professional and if your emotional this could affect you on your next call out

I wouldn't want to see myself getting surgery if I happened to be on one of these programmes but the main focus of these shows is the work the hospital staff do.

😳
I can’t believe you actually wrote that.
Shows that when people have nowhere else to turn to they call on emergency services - usally when they honestly are at the end of their tether.

My old man has had ambulances called a couple of times with suspected heart attacks which turned out to be panic attacks and underlying mental health issues. Mind he's been here since '41 so I guess that is long enough to avoid questions of whether he's entitled to BASIC HEALTHCARE

I'm a bit of a fan of the show, but I didn't like the episode last night.

Those two controllers just wound be up no end and looked to be just playing up to the cameras.
My wife (no) works with ambulance crews daily and they do deal with some horrible stuff, but last night it gave the impression that they broke down in tears after every job, which is probably down to the editing not the real life actuality of the role.

I thought it made the whole operation seem very amateurish and not as professional as the other services that have been used in previous seasons. I know many ambulance and NHS staff personally and I didn't feel this was a true representation of how they work at all.
Didn't like the 2 managers, that seemed so forced. No way they talk to each other like that all the time. Very staged.

Shows that when people have nowhere else to turn to they call on emergency services - usally when they honestly are at the end of their tether.

My old man has had ambulances called a couple of times with suspected heart attacks which turned out to be panic attacks and underlying mental health issues. Mind he's been here since '41 so I guess that is long enough to avoid questions of whether he's entitled to BASIC HEALTHCARE
Everyone should be entitled to basic health care no matter where they are from.
We are turning into a selfish nation who only give a shit about themsleves.

Everyone should be entitled to basic health care no matter where they are from.
We are turning into a selfish nation who only give a shit about themsleves.
absolutely. Horrible spiteful little Englanders.

The old dear who had hurt her back made my blood run cold when she spaced out. Reminded me of my mam when she had a stroke, I honestly thought that was happening to her. It really, really rattled me

It’s based on the Newcastle ambulance service and not the south Tyneside and Sunderland one. Where else is it gonna be centred on? Leeds?
oops.

Nearly cacked when the wifey fell in the porch just froze.
And I want to marry that paramedic lad.
it virtually mirrored what happened to my mam. The reaction from the paramedics was the same too, they don't fuck about when something like happens.

Last edited:
Didn't watch last week but this seems better than the sunderland opener
Saying that, heavy on the stereotypes again. Parmos and Gregg's so far

Last edited:
They should also do a fly on the wall series about life in an A&E dept. Not like that 24 hours in A&E show, they should show a warts 'n' all version. The amount of pressure they're under and the amount of time wasters that come in is unreal at times.

Back