New Robin Hood film. The smb Barry Norman’s

It seemed to me that the basic premise of Robin Hoods superpower in this filum was the quick-draw-of-the-arrow-from-the-quiver.

It seems that the intention is to update the legend to incorporate elements of ‘classic’ Western, Tarantino overkill and Marvel.

There will no doubt be exploding cannonballs and a horse and cart chase with skidding wheels and the running of traffic Nottingham lights made out of differently coloured flaming torches.

No doubt there’ll be a ‘Q’ equivalent introducing ‘Hood’ to a new device that enables his bow to shoot around corners.

And characters in the film will use phrases like ‘hey you guys’, ‘ok’ and ‘call me’ instead of ‘hey nonny no’, ‘gadzooks’ and ‘prithee’

I base this entirely in a 2 minute clip on Friday night telly and a cinema trailer.

For this reason, I’m out.

Edit. On a positive note: Friar Tuck will be gay, Little John will have a disability and Maid Marion will be an expert in a medieval martial art that nobody ever heard of before this film. She’ll be transsexual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edit. On a positive note: Friar Tuck will be gay, Little John will have a disability and Maid Marion will be an expert in a medieval martial art that nobody ever heard of before this film. She’ll be transsexual.
:lol: Not quite, but he is black, so that's one box ticked.

since when did they wear suits in the middle ages? and how long have automatic bow and arrows been around?
A good 2000 years. History of crossbows - Wikipedia ;)

Last edited:
It seemed to me that the basic premise of Robin Hoods superpower in this filum was the quick-draw-of-the-arrow-from-the-quiver.

It seems that the intention is to update the legend to incorporate elements of ‘classic’ Western, Tarantino overkill and Marvel.

There will no doubt be exploding cannonballs and a horse and cart chase with skidding wheels and the running of traffic Nottingham lights made out of differently coloured flaming torches.

No doubt there’ll be a ‘Q’ equivalent introducing ‘Hood’ to a new device that enables his bow to shoot around corners.

And characters in the film will use phrases like ‘hey you guys’, ‘ok’ and ‘call me’ instead of ‘hey nonny no’, ‘gadzooks’ and ‘prithee’

I base this entirely in a 2 minute clip on Friday night telly and a cinema trailer.

For this reason, I’m out.

Think you are describing an episode of Dr Who.

I wouldn’t trust a smb review at all.
They’re either arty up their own arse art house wankers or geeky fan boy twats or lowest common denominator dickheads.
Hardly a normal fillum fan on here.

I wouldn’t trust a smb review at all.
They’re either arty up their own arse art house wankers or geeky fan boy twats or lowest common denominator dickheads.
Hardly a normal fillum fan on here.
Which category do you inhabit?

Back