New pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went in Libby's (are we allowed to call it that yet ?) Last night and it's refreshingly good. Doesn't look squeaky clean as it's has a mish mash of old furniture - nice stuff may I add, not like a jumble sale - and it seems really comfy and homely. It's a canny size also, I think my lass is going to have her birthday party in the second room as it's available for hire, has its own bar and is nicely set out for about 40 people. 2 cocktails for £10 is decent enough for the birds and she had a Mojito which she said was lovely and I had a pint which was alright. Music was good and there was a few spenky looking students in and a couple of couples. Guess it just needs advertising a bit more. Hopefully it's given a chance as I think it's a great addition. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Went in Libby's (are we allowed to call it that yet ?) Last night and it's refreshingly good. Doesn't look squeaky clean as it's has a mish mash of old furniture - nice stuff may I add, not like a jumble sale - and it seems really comfy and homely. It's a canny size also, I think my lass is going to have her birthday party in the second room as it's available for hire, has its own bar and is nicely set out for about 40 people. 2 cocktails for £10 is decent enough for the birds and she had a Mojito which she said was lovely and I had a pint which was alright. Music was good and there was a few spenky looking students in and a couple of couples. Guess it just needs advertising a bit more. Hopefully it's given a chance as I think it's a great addition. Ticks a lot of boxes.
Is it the standard beers mate or do they do anything different?

sounds just like Sam's bar then, which by all accounts are the same owners

Is it the standard beers mate or do they do anything different?

same as sams bar, they had Coast to Coast which is like a light ale but on draft, theakstons Peculiar IPA on draft, and Amstel i think, then a few bottles and cans of Craft Ale but i didnt look properly. not a massive range but enough to cover all bases. i dont think its going to be craft ale heaven like Church Lane or a proper beer drinkers pub like the Isis and Dun Cow, more of a Sams Bar type place aimed at nice people / groups late 20's upwards. nice environment

sounds just like Sam's bar then, which by all accounts are the same owners

aye it is. quite similar to be honest but no tele's and lots more space / tables / settees . i reckon you could move some of the couches and have a decent gig in there. git low ceiling and not massively bright, few little nooks and crannies . be a good place when its got lots of people in

I said nigh on the same last week, can't remember which thread it was on like ;)

Sounds good.

They have raves on there mate. :lol:

Only on themed nights though, Indie music is what they play normally.

Was in Bavaria on Saturday just gone on the Steins, was busy for an hour or 2 but went dead after half 12. Actually prefer it when its quiet as you always get people who only go in to stand on the tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back