New pub(s) in Sunderland

Isn't it the official opening of Flannigans tonight?

It opened on Monday but I've barely seen anyone in.
If it isn't part of a franchise, how are they expecting to have a grand opening with various singers there?

Last edited:

Isn't it the official opening of Flannigans tonight?

It opened on Monday but I've barely seen anyone in.
If it isn't part of a franchise, how are they expecting to have a grand opening with various singers there?

Think its a brewery lease.
Ive passed it a few times on a lunch time during the week & it looked fairly busy.
I still think the drink selection is questionable though.

Flannigans have their prices advertised on the board outside.
Fosters - £3.20
John Smith - £2.80
Guinness - £3.20

Guinness is a decent price, but the other 2 are on the high side. 10 bob cheaper owa the road. Could struggle at those prices since it doesnt really offer owt different.

It was fairly busy at lunch time with people eating. If its got a decent menu it could do canny in that market (but then again BION did a decent afternoon food trade).

Tbf, it needs those prices to keep the scratters down at tramps corner.

If they do go down the cheap route, the corner becomes a street and it will be horrible during the day.

Saw that, good luck to them but it’s a canny risk they’re taking.
It's a shame the site of the former Three Crowns pub/JJB sports building appears to have hit abestos problems the two pubs opened along with the developments at Mackie's corner and the old Royal Bank of Scotland building could revitalise that part of the city.

It's a shame the site of the former Three Crowns pub/JJB sports building appears to have hit abestos problems the two pubs opened along with the developments at Mackie's corner and the old Royal Bank of Scotland building could revitalise that part of the city.
In abeyance?

Looks like the Tipsy cow is opening again soon as well. Noticed they were doing it out yesterday after game

I like that pub, headed there after the match last season when it was raining ice. Gutted it was shut, had to carry on around to the Firestation frozen to the bone. Was told last Saturday it had reopened so headed round for pre match pint. It was shut so crossed the bridge and had one in that place up on the left full of SAFC memorabilia. Canny, met Bobby Kerr.

End of story.

I like that pub, headed there after the match last season when it was raining ice. Gutted it was shut, had to carry on around to the Firestation frozen to the bone. Was told last Saturday it had reopened so headed round for pre match pint. It was shut so crossed the bridge and had one in that place up on the left full of SAFC memorabilia. Canny, met Bobby Kerr.

End of story.
Northside? Fans Musuem a great spot.

Popped into Flannigans Sunday dinnertime, the place was heaving, £3 for a pint of Fosters, which is a bit steep but was a decent pint.

Back