New Music Releases Thread

I love it too. Is it just me that thinks the first track sounds like a Kate Bush track?

I can see similarities.

I love that they've evolved their sound unlike a lot of the reformed 90's bands.

Very few bands that have reformed after a long period have been able to produce something of such quality.

I can see similarities.

I love that they've evolved their sound unlike a lot of the reformed 90's bands.

Very few bands that have reformed after a long period have been able to produce something of such quality.

After the intial split, Neil Halstead, Rachel Goswell and Ian McCutcheon formed Mojave 3 (along with one of Chapterhouse and, er, someone else). Halstead and Goswell were/are the main songwriters in both bands and Mojave 3 had more of an alt-country/folk sound to them as opposed to Slowdive's noisy effects stuff. I think they've combined the sounds of the two bands on the new album. I always thought that Mojave 3 were far better than the first iteration of Slowdive.

I'm preferring it to ride mate, more ethereal imo. Ride's a bit more muscular, there's more of a laddish swagger to it. bell's stint with that bell in oasis and beady has not been all of benefit

It's much better than Rides, which I feel is very hit and miss. Saying that, I've thought that about Ride in general.

Just listened to the Summer Moon album, which came out a while back. As Nikolai is probably the most low key member of The Strokes, I didn't expect much but... it's very, very good! Arguably, the best non-Strokes album released by a Stroke.

Didn't know they had a new record out. I quite liked them back in the day! The new Rancid album is class, my 3 year old daughter seems to love "Where I'm Going" too!

Jason Isbell is excellent, I need to check out his back catalogue. Steve Earle is very goood too. If someone told me a 10 years ago that most of my favourite albums of 2016 and 2017 were heavily country, Americana and folk influenced I'd tell them they were mental!

The new Moby & The Pacific Void Choir record is great too. Another loud, angry and political industrial rock record.

Aye, think it's their first new one in 10 years or so. Only 2 actual new songs though, the rest are re-recorded oldies.

The new Rancid album is the best one since And Out Come The Wolves I'd say.

Just listened to the Summer Moon album, which came out a while back. As Nikolai is probably the most low key member of The Strokes, I didn't expect much but... it's very, very good! Arguably, the best non-Strokes album released by a Stroke.
I didn't realise this had come out. I heard the first song and liked it but never noticed the album sneak out. I liked the Nickel Eye album he released too. Brandy of the Damned was a good time.

I know this is the "new" music thread, but 8 months after it's release where do people stand on frank oceans Blonde?

It's still on my rotation of go to albums, I think self control is one of the greatest love songs of this century
Bloody hell, has it been 8 months already?! I haven't listened to it for a while but I'm gonna now. I got the vinyl for it when it was on sale for the day and haven't chucked it on yet so will do.

Can't get away with that other one he released with the video of him making some stairs. What do you think about it?

I didn't realise this had come out. I heard the first song and liked it but never noticed the album sneak out. I liked the Nickel Eye album he released too. Brandy of the Damned was a good time.

Bloody hell, has it been 8 months already?! I haven't listened to it for a while but I'm gonna now. I got the vinyl for it when it was on sale for the day and haven't chucked it on yet so will do.

Can't get away with that other one he released with the video of him making some stairs. What do you think about it?
I don't think I've seen that video, is it for a song off the album or part of that "endless" release he did?

You can get the CD off Amazon marketplace for less than a fiver including delivery.

Yeah that Endless release which is like just fragments of songs stitched together
I've not give endless a proper listen since it came out tbh I'll probably give it another listen tomorrow. Been hammering blonde lately though. White Ferrari, self control and nikes being the high points imo

Back