New Music Releases Thread

Eide - very good indeed
The Songhoy Blues album is superb as well, got a massive shock when Iggy Pop turned up to tell us that they don't have KFC in the Sahara
Big Boi - highly enjoyable
Sworn mortal enemy of the SMB's Gallaghista contingent Steve Earle has made an excellent country album (far better than the blues album he released a year or two back.
Fleet Foxes good and sounds like it'll get better with further listens.

Had a listen to some of the ones I had been unaware of

Bargou 08 and Elkhorh especially are excellent

I will give them a listen (also two I've been totally unaware of).

LCD Soundsystem out Sept 1. Tour in UK two weeks later.

Jay-Z new album out 30th June.

Bought the new Phoenix album at the weekend. Really like it, very summery like Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix.

Last edited:
Wasn't overly bothered about their first album and this one has had poor reviews. Will probably sell/stream by the bucketload. They're basically Rock Sheeran.

I actually liked them initially from their first couple of singles. Got tickets to see them just after their first album came out and ended up passing the tickets on to a friend after a few listens of the album. This album seems worse than that one to be honest.

Seriously the Ride album is f***ing class

This^^

Wasn't overly bothered about their first album and this one has had poor reviews. Will probably sell/stream by the bucketload. They're basically Rock Sheeran.

Not really a fan of them but to compare them to Sheeran....??

Those poor boys. You'll have reduced them to tears if they were to read that:lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't know they had a new record out. I quite liked them back in the day! The new Rancid album is class, my 3 year old daughter seems to love "Where I'm Going" too!

Jason Isbell is excellent, I need to check out his back catalogue. Steve Earle is very goood too. If someone told me a 10 years ago that most of my favourite albums of 2016 and 2017 were heavily country, Americana and folk influenced I'd tell them they were mental!

The new Moby & The Pacific Void Choir record is great too. Another loud, angry and political industrial rock record.

I know this is the "new" music thread, but 8 months after it's release where do people stand on frank oceans Blonde?

It's still on my rotation of go to albums, I think self control is one of the greatest love songs of this century

Back