New Music Releases Thread

Really like the new Kendrick album although not sure it's quite up to the standard of his last two. DNA is stunning though and possibly the best track he's ever made.

Laetitia Sadier Source Ensemble were great in Gateshead last night (3rd time I've seen Laetitia since she left Stereolab). With the rhythms her band produced I found it hard to sit still at times. A lot of her stuff definitely stands up well against Stereolab's excellent output.

I've been going through the albums people were putting up as their favourites of the year so far. Found a few which I enjoyed - Hurray for the Riff Raff, Jens Lekman (although already loved Night Falls) and Moonlandingz.

I think the new Kendrick Lamar is very good too. Gets better with every listen and can even stand Bono on his track.

Record Store Day on Saturday. Anyone partaking?

@Arkle

What's out tomorrow then?

The 405 reckons, names familiar to me only, Angeleena Presley, Arto Lindsay, Brad Paisley, Incubus, Joe Goddard, Maximo Park, Ray Davies, Robyn Hitchcock, Ron Sexsmith, Sheryl Crow, The Black Angels and Woods. My sources tell me that Lee Southall and Tara Jane O'Neill also have albums out.

Looking forward to Joe Goddard, Woods, The Black Angels, Robyn Hitchcock and Ray Davies out of that lot.

And, of course, next Friday is K Day when the masters of all music release "For Crying Out Loud".

I've been going through the albums people were putting up as their favourites of the year so far. Found a few which I enjoyed - Hurray for the Riff Raff, Jens Lekman (although already loved Night Falls) and Moonlandingz.

I think the new Kendrick Lamar is very good too. Gets better with every listen and can even stand Bono on his track.

Record Store Day on Saturday. Anyone partaking?

May have a wander about.

Laetitia Sadier Source Ensemble were great in Gateshead last night (3rd time I've seen Laetitia since she left Stereolab). With the rhythms her band produced I found it hard to sit still at times. A lot of her stuff definitely stands up well against Stereolab's excellent output.

Sounds good that. Haven't had chance yet to listen to her latest album as can't find it on Spotify. I read the sage gig was really good.

The 405 reckons, names familiar to me only, Angeleena Presley, Arto Lindsay, Brad Paisley, Incubus, Joe Goddard, Maximo Park, Ray Davies, Robyn Hitchcock, Ron Sexsmith, Sheryl Crow, The Black Angels and Woods. My sources tell me that Lee Southall and Tara Jane O'Neill also have albums out.

Looking forward to Joe Goddard, Woods, The Black Angels, Robyn Hitchcock and Ray Davies out of that lot.

And, of course, next Friday is K Day when the masters of all music release "For Crying Out Loud".

May have a wander about.

There's a new Post War Glamour Girls record too.

Any idea which of them I would like? Only heard of Incubus (meh), Maximo Park (didn't even know they were still around), Bad Paisley (Zzzzzzz), Sheryl Crow (hit and miss guilty pleasure of mine) and Ray Davies.

Any idea which of them I would like? Only heard of Incubus (meh), Maximo Park (didn't even know they were still around), Bad Paisley (Zzzzzzz), Sheryl Crow (hit and miss guilty pleasure of mine) and Ray Davies.

You might like Woods (psychedelic rock) or The Black Angels (I'd also describe them as psych rock but they sound nothing like each other). Robyn Hitchcock is a bit of a British institution and Joe Goddard is the chubby one from Hot Chip. TBH, Ron Sexsmith is a possibility for you... Americana, singer songwriter.

EP of unreleased Prince tracks that was supposed to be getting a digital release tomorrow but was pulled has leaked if anyone is interested

You might like Woods (psychedelic rock) or The Black Angels (I'd also describe them as psych rock but they sound nothing like each other). Robyn Hitchcock is a bit of a British institution and Joe Goddard is the chubby one from Hot Chip. TBH, Ron Sexsmith is a possibility for you... Americana, singer songwriter.
Cheers. From a bit of Wikipedia-ing I'm going for The Black Angels and Ron Sexsmith. Woods as a 3rd if I have time.

Record Store Day prices have gone even further insane.

David Bowie promo that has 7 songs on one side of a 12" - £60

Iggy Pop live album of Post Pop Depression £72

:lol:

Going to give it a miss

Back