NEW MODS - say hello

Just noticed we have some mew moderators,

Can I make a suggestion?

Why not take just 5 mins to introduce yourself to the members

Tell us about your Sunderland supporting history , why you wanted to moderate etc etc etc

@Snappy @McMackem @Roger

and anyone else I may have missed
There's cave paintings dating from the last ice age depicting @Roger as gaffer and moderator.

He's been around so long he almost remembers the last time the Mags won silverware.

Hello! My name is McMackem.

I've actually been around just about as long as the board I think, and the Blackcats mailing list/bulletin board before that. there was a terrible mishap with logins that (I can't remember why) led to McMackem2 for a while IIRC. I used to predominantly only post in PF and often matchdays only, lurking the rest of the time bar a bit of ninja posting.

Run a guesthouse and some holiday lets in Edinburgh with Mrs McMackem (no) having previously been a lecturer in Operations Management and then Dean of a University Business School until 2006 when I took voluntary to make some money for ourselves, that plan was working fine until last March...

In all honesty I would describe myself as a Sunderland fan, rather than a football fan, I no longer watch games unless I have an interest in them. Sunderland was thrust upon my via my Dad's side, a Hendon Lad. I have a lot of family round the City - a few ST's in there who lurk on here. No idea of my first game, it may well have been in 1972 , but we moved to Newcastle in 1975 from Scotland to do missionary work and I was an ST from 75-76, we left the NE three years later to Aberdeen(ish) and I then held an ST under my own steam from 83 to 03 I think when it was getting hard to justify as missing too many games and dropped to being just a regular, that included the original standing ST's in the Fulwell. I was a far better runner than footballer, being coached for a while by Mike McLeod. Never much good but played as a striker, only notable thing being in the same team as Micky hazard and other non-WC Spurs players in a friendly in 1982.

Oh and @Horatio Moustache you're too kind! The other poster I remember from the Globe days in Edinburgh was @Guinness Guzzler, apologies I know there are others but the names escape me.
Bugger!

The bloke's also got an interesting hinterland.

I've actually been around just about as long as the board I think, and the Blackcats mailing list/bulletin board before that. there was a terrible mishap with logins that (I can't remember why) led to McMackem2 for a while IIRC. I used to predominantly only post in PF and often matchdays only, lurking the rest of the time bar a bit of ninja posting.

Run a guesthouse and some holiday lets in Edinburgh with Mrs McMackem (no) having previously been a lecturer in Operations Management and then Dean of a University Business School until 2006 when I took voluntary to make some money for ourselves, that plan was working fine until last March...

In all honesty I would describe myself as a Sunderland fan, rather than a football fan, I no longer watch games unless I have an interest in them. Sunderland was thrust upon my via my Dad's side, a Hendon Lad. I have a lot of family round the City - a few ST's in there who lurk on here. No idea of my first game, it may well have been in 1972 , but we moved to Newcastle in 1975 from Scotland to do missionary work and I was an ST from 75-76, we left the NE three years later to Aberdeen(ish) and I then held an ST under my own steam from 83 to 03 I think when it was getting hard to justify as missing too many games and dropped to being just a regular, that included the original standing ST's in the Fulwell. I was a far better runner than footballer, being coached for a while by Mike McLeod. Never much good but played as a striker, only notable thing being in the same team as Micky hazard and other non-WC Spurs players in a friendly in 1982.

Oh and @Horatio Moustache you're too kind! The other poster I remember from the Globe days in Edinburgh was @Guinness Guzzler, apologies I know there are others but the names escape me.
Perfect ! Its a good job I am here with all these brilliant ideas.

Ah, the Globe! A place I'd probably rather forget after the 5-1 (just as well that I was so pissed I can't really remember any of it!). Not my finest moment, but was good meeting you and Horatio there. Cracking lads. Enjoy the modship!

Back