New Model Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never seen them live, but met them a couple of times in their early days (one of them was seeing a lass I worked with in a bar in Wolverhampton). They had a female poet who appeared on stage with them in those days. What was her name again?

This was a favourite, played the Marquee video to death till some scruffy twat had it away from under my telly. Does the bloke who played the fiddle still make an appearance, used to be good when he came onstage and played poison street...can't remember his name.

What was holmforth like for a gig. Been meaning to go but seems a horrible drive
canny venue. just a shabby old cinema. i just went upstairs to watch them. good view of the band and the mosh pit :D
too old for that now.
lovely little place holmfirth but it is a clart on to get to. easiest way is through denby dale and all the speed cameras.
they were great as usual. still get the same buzz as 30 years ago.
As a former cinema it's a nod back to the days of small venues. Not the best acoustics but being up close and personal more than compensates.
i'd agree. the sound upstairs wasn't too great.
This was a favourite, played the Marquee video to death till some scruffy twat had it away from under my telly. Does the bloke who played the fiddle still make an appearance, used to be good when he came onstage and played poison street...can't remember his name.
ed alleyne johnson.
Joolz Denby, Justin's Missus.
don't think they were ever married.

Clicked on this genuinely thinking it was a discussion about the English Civil War :lol:

Got all excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back