New Model Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw them years ago, mid 80's! Small club in Dudley! They were absolutely brilliant. Had no idea they were still going.

Saw them in 1984 ish in Boro supported by a band called Patrick ........Stuart Morrow was the mutts nuts that night!

Aye, seen them god knows how many times over the last 30 odd years. went through a period of going to every gig on a tour, only get to a couple each time now.
Been listening 2 them all day in the wagon to get in the mood. last time i saw them at the riverside was just after the ghost of cain came out. apparently the riverside has moved.
Gonna polish my clogs when i get in.

Hmmm not one for the casual fan. They only played 3 songs I knew and my mates walked out after an hour.
Really enjoyed them was mostly stuff off the last two albums and couple more obscure older tracks as well as couple hits, still think this is the best version of the band from live point of view anyway.

Really enjoyed them was mostly stuff off the last two albums and couple more obscure older tracks as well as couple hits, still think this is the best version of the band from live point of view anyway.
It's probably because most of the gigs I go to these days are bands of yesteryear or festival sets, so I'm used to seeing greatest hits shows.
Considering the last NMA album I bought was 27 years ago, I'm probably a bit out of touch with the newer stuff.

Saw them in the mid eighties around the time 'No Rest' was out. Justin kept telling the crowd they weren't a punk band and he wouldn't stand for any spitting. Someone spat at him and he lowped off the stage and got stuck into him with his clogs!

It's probably because most of the gigs I go to these days are bands of yesteryear or festival sets, so I'm used to seeing greatest hits shows.
Considering the last NMA album I bought was 27 years ago, I'm probably a bit out of touch with the newer stuff.

Their Christmas shows in Nottingham tend to be more best of's last one I went too they played 29 songs over two sets.

i thought they were great as usual.
the thing is that with a band that has such an extensive and long back catalogue there is always going to be some songs you love but they don't play. it always seems to be that the older stuff is what a band is remembered for but some of the recent stuff is superb. it was canny to hear 'my country' played again.
that's the beauty of new model army, they still produce some quality music with the same feeling and energy to me that they were doing all those years ago, it's ever evolving and they're not scared to include it in the setlist. i think since the arrival of ceri and marshall they have found another level of energy. it'll always be justin's band but he isn't the raving egomaniac a lot of frontmen are.
i'm far too old to stand at the front nowadays and too fat to join in the pyramids like days of old and prefer to stand at the back near the bar and just enjoy it. i was canny impressed with the riverside mind, never saw any sticky, filthy old cinema seats though.
i did notice the band's tour bus had a couple of safc pennants and an safc teddy bear in the windscreen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back