New mattress

As the title suggests I’m looking to buy a new mattress, my current one is causing my back to ache and affecting my sleep. Budget around £200-300 max and if I can pay less then even better but I’m aware you get what you pay for. Hoping someone can recommend based on their experience. Cheers

Otty hybrid (I've got this) or Emma both similar but excellent

I bought one for £300 and it was horrendous. Ended up paying £800 for one a few months later so I'd suggest you set your budget higher and avoid the same misery I subjected myself to by buying cheap shite initially.

It's full memory foam? The one I mention a be was too. It was making me f***ing utterly miserable. I wouldn't touch an all memory foam mattress if I were you.

Everyone's different but I wouldn't wish a memory foam mattress on my worst enemy. :lol:

Yeah I got it on the January sales 30% off. It was the Emma original.
Got this one in firm

No complaints here

We’ve got this but our main bed is a super king and they don’t do it in that size, annoying!

Last edited:
Premier Inn sell their mattresses and seem fairly reasonable. They’re made by Hypnos.
As someone else mentioned, Tom Skinner off the apprentice seems to be doing a roaring trade in mattresses and puts a photo of his happy customers on Twitter - Bosh!
Have you got a Premier Inn mattress?
We've been looking at them and wouldn't mind knowing what they're like over time.

Have you got a Premier Inn mattress?
We've been looking at them and wouldn't mind knowing what they're like over time.
We have but only for a month or so.
It’s comfortable but quite firm which is fine for me. There are definitely better mattresses out there but I think this is good value for money.

Got this one in firm

No complaints here

loads of people recommend this one. The bairn has one on his bed, I went to pick him up from his mums and he was playing his PlayStation so I went to his room and waited, sat in his bed and realised that it’s damn comfy.. in getting a new bed soon so will be getting the same mattress, great price too

I did this. Full memory foam for 80 quid. Thought it would be rank but it's spot on.

The ex cat (rip) pissed all over my last mattress so needed a quick cheap replacement. So I suffocated her and got a dog.

I genuinely had to read that twice as I thought you were on about your ex lass at first.

I've gorra really comfortable mattress that I paid 800 quid for, it's a bit crusty and it smells of Skips. Since you're a fellow poster I'll dee ya a deal, 50 pund and it's youers.

loads of people recommend this one. The bairn has one on his bed, I went to pick him up from his mums and he was playing his PlayStation so I went to his room and waited, sat in his bed and realised that it’s damn comfy.. in getting a new bed soon so will be getting the same mattress, great price too

Comes rolled up so it fits in the car too to save on the ridiculous delivery charge

I’ve got a Simba mattress and it’s ideal.

Tried an Emma pillow but sent it back after a week. Gave me terrible shoulder and neck pain!

I second this.

Got an expensive one from Dreams I think but the ikea mattress in the spare room is just as nice and cost 1/3 of the price.
Third this one. Have had it nearly 7 years now and it's still canny.

Last edited:
We bought a mammoth bed from bed centre in Newcastle, it’s sorted our bad backs and is lovely and comfortable. Bosh

Back