New mattress

I’d love to mate but unfortunately times are tougher with the mrs not working and my back at breaking point with this current useless mattress..

I’ve been looking at this:

I got this and it's canny. Its pretty soft though so depends what kind of mattress you prefer.

As the title suggests I’m looking to buy a new mattress, my current one is causing my back to ache and affecting my sleep. Budget around £200-300 max and if I can pay less then even better but I’m aware you get what you pay for. Hoping someone can recommend based on their experience. Cheers

I know it's potentially not easy, but I really recommend you go somewhere to try one out if you can.
We bought a new bed from Dreams (I think) a bit ago but didn't try the mattress first. Even with a memory foam topper I'm finding it hard to get to sleep.
Doesn't help that I now WFH and I'm shielding so the amount of steps I'm doing a day has absolutely plummeted.

As the title suggests I’m looking to buy a new mattress, my current one is causing my back to ache and affecting my sleep. Budget around £200-300 max and if I can pay less then even better but I’m aware you get what you pay for. Hoping someone can recommend based on their experience. Cheers

Get a memoryfoam matress. Worked wonders for me. Bought mine off Groupon.

I’d love to mate but unfortunately times are tougher with the mrs not working and my back at breaking point with this current useless mattress..

I’ve been looking at this:

Eve are good not sure of the price though.

I know it's potentially not easy, but I really recommend you go somewhere to try one out if you can.
We bought a new bed from Dreams (I think) a bit ago but didn't try the mattress first. Even with a memory foam topper I'm finding it hard to get to sleep.
Doesn't help that I now WFH and I'm shielding so the amount of steps I'm doing a day has absolutely plummeted.
We went to Dreams about a year ago and went on that bloody machine thing. You know what the fucker worked. Ive never had such a comfortable bed and we both sleep so well now. We changed the lot. Cost us just under a couple of grand for a super king Ottoman divan thing that lifts up, but by fuck is it better than the old brass framed bed we had. We did try other bed shops but just couldn't get anything as good as what they offered believe it or not. The mattress is a big thick sleepezee thing

the bloke in dfs didn't want to talk about football.. just wanted to sell beds... he said this a shop not a footy forum...

Last edited:
I bought one for £300 and it was horrendous. Ended up paying £800 for one a few months later so I'd suggest you set your budget higher and avoid the same misery I subjected myself to by buying cheap shite initially.
Hahah I’ve got one in the garage ready to use when we move 😂 ffs
It's full memory foam? The one I mention a be was too. It was making me f***ing utterly miserable. I wouldn't touch an all memory foam mattress if I were you.
Get a memoryfoam matress. Worked wonders for me. Bought mine off Groupon.
Everyone's different but I wouldn't wish a memory foam mattress on my worst enemy. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back