New lids on drinks

Have you by any chance been abroad recently?😉
That’s exactly what’s done in Germany, works a treat anall.
Genuinely haven't been to Germany or anywhere that has done it, seen a few videos online of somewhere in Asia though and it seems so simple, just scan the bottle and you get a receipt with funds. In my theory it would be the government you pay the 20p (or even more) to so if you do just throw it in the bin the big companies aren't pocketing the extra.

Genuinely haven't been to Germany or anywhere that has done it, seen a few videos online of somewhere in Asia though and it seems so simple, just scan the bottle and you get a receipt with funds. In my theory it would be the government you pay the 20p (or even more) to so if you do just throw it in the bin the big companies aren't pocketing the extra.
That's actually coming in the not too distant for the UK. Scotland was supposed to have it already but got told they had to change/delay some of the scheme otherwise they wouldn't align with UK rules.

There are machines at the recycling depots with scanners to pick up certain shapes. The intention is that you put the lid back on the bottle or carton to keep the shape and stop it being squished.
That helps the recycling depots to sort the stuff more efficiently.

Last edited:
It’s a good idea but I’m reality it’s encouraging people to lock that water/liquid out of the atmosphere for hundreds of years.

That’s really bad for the environment

Back