New laptop

Should be able to get a very good machine for that.
Any other gaming, or just footy manager?

If no other gaming, then I'd go for one of the latest Ryzens, the 4000 series - they have decent graphics performance that's ideal for FM, and tbh, other light gaming too without any need for a system with a dedicated GPU.

Then look at what screen you want (at least IPS 1080p), SSD of at least 256GB (unless it also comes with a HDD as well), 8Gb Ram or more and you'll be grand.
Get a decent Mac for that price.
Mutually exclusive terms ;)

What is the best for <£750? General use, emails, apps, football manager, office.

Would prefer SSD.
Just a quick point, for what you mentioned, the budget I would recommend is around £450 - should be able to get something very good for that. No idea why people suggest Macs as I don't have any knowledge of them, but I would say "why on earth spend over a grand". Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket / you really like Macs.
I will say their new processors look very clever. Not sure they're quite up there with x86 right now, but its promising.

Should be able to get a very good machine for that.
Any other gaming, or just footy manager?

If no other gaming, then I'd go for one of the latest Ryzens, the 4000 series - they have decent graphics performance that's ideal for FM, and tbh, other light gaming too without any need for a system with a dedicated GPU.

Then look at what screen you want (at least IPS 1080p), SSD of at least 256GB (unless it also comes with a HDD as well), 8Gb Ram or more and you'll be grand.

Mutually exclusive terms ;)
Ended up buying something with these stats, any good?:

Specifications
operating systemWindows 10 HomeprocessorAMD Ryzen ™ 5 4500U Processor | The MagicBook 15 embodies high performance in a compact format. A Ryzen 5 4500U processor DDR4 dual-channel RAM and a Radeon Vega 8 graphics card offer you a smooth and fast implementation of almost any task.Display15.6 ”HONOR FullView Display | Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels | 141 pixels per inch | 116: 9 display with 87% screen-to-case ratio | Contrast 800: 1, brightness 250 nits, IPS anti-reflection | 178 ° wide viewing angle |graphicRadeon ™ Vega 8 Graphicsrandom access memory8GB DDR4hard disk512GB PCIE NVME SSDInterfacesUSB-C (Charge & amp; Data Transfer) | 1x USB-A3.0, 1x USB-A2.0 | HDMI | 3.5mm jackcommunicationBluetooth 5.0, compatible with Bluetooth 4.2, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR | Wireless LAN (WLAN): IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n / ac, 2.4GHz 300 Mbps, 5GHz 867 Mbps, 2X2 MIMO, | WPA / WPA2 / WEPDimensions1.53kg light1 16.9mm thin2 | The MagicBook 15 weighs only 1.53 kg and is only 16.9 mm thick at the thickest point, which offers both flexibility and unparalleled performance on the go.WeightDimensions: 357.8mm (L) × 229.9mm (W) × 16.9mm (D) | Ultra-thin 5.3mm bezel | Ultra-light design Only 1.38kg weight Azure border / A notebook has to be thin, light and robust enough to be really mobile. The MagicBook 14 weighs only 1.38 kg and is only 15.9 mm thick at the thickest point, which offers both flexibility and unparalleled performance on the go.FurnishingFull-size keyboard in QWERTY layout | Hidden webcam integrated in the housing for optimal protection of privacy | 2-in-1 Power Button & amp; Fingerprint sensor for secure unlocking and quick login HONOR MagicLink 2.0 technology: seamless work and easier | Data transfer between MagicBook and HONOR smartphone *designFullView display with a display bezel that is only 5.3mm wide. Smooth | Smooth metal housing in aluminum finish Diamond-cut border with a fascinating optical effectBattery power42Whr (nominal value; 3665mAh @ 11.46V), up to 6.6 hours of office work, 6.3 hours of video | playback or 6.2 hours of web browsing ** | Charges up to 53% in just 30 minutes, less than 2.5 hours for a full charge ** | 65W Type-C charger, supports FastCharging also for HONOR / Huawei smartphonesBattery lifeBattery life 65W fast charge function / The MagicBook 15 comes with a single USB-C port that can deliver power in both directions. Since the MagicBook 14 is equipped with a 65 W fast charger, you can charge the device with up to 46% in just half an hour. 6thBattery life65W fast charging function USB Type-C port | The MagicBook 15 is supplied with a single USB-C connection that can transport

Im looking for one but struggling. Could quite easily pick a random one but im not sure whats a good deal.

Im torn between upgrading my personal one to something powerful above £500 or just getting a cheaper one which is the main need for homeschooling the kids.

Im looking for one but struggling. Could quite easily pick a random one but im not sure whats a good deal.

Im torn between upgrading my personal one to something powerful above £500 or just getting a cheaper one which is the main need for homeschooling the kids.
Format the existing one. Maybe small upgrades (ram, SSD) and use that for the kids, then get whatever you want for yourself!

Format the existing one. Maybe small upgrades (ram, SSD) and use that for the kids, then get whatever you want for yourself!

Yeah my own is fine for the kids.. they are using it now. Could do with another one so yes Im swaying towards getting a better one. Though theyd be using it as I have a works laptop too🤣

Back