New laptop

Put a thread up on SMB but it fell off the front page without getting any useful replies.

My laptop has given up the goose (slow as fuck, keyboard has been fucked for a year, the wireless keyboard I've been using now thinks it has the Windows button held down all of the time), it's unusable at the minute.

Looking at buying this but was wondering if there's anything particularly glaring about the spec:

Put a thread up on SMB but it fell off the front page without getting any useful replies.

My laptop has given up the goose (slow as fuck, keyboard has been fucked for a year, the wireless keyboard I've been using now thinks it has the Windows button held down all of the time), it's unusable at the minute.

Looking at buying this but was wondering if there's anything particularly glaring about the spec:
For the price that looks brilliant!

Wish I could justify buying one of those... reckon I will bite the bullet soon
It's pretty much the same price as my last one which kept up for 6 years (but went to shit over the last 12 months or so).

Arrived today, played fuck all yet as I'm still working. I installed skyrim because I want to see what the framerate is like when I mod the shit out of it, it came with a code for death stranding which I imagine will look nice on the pc so I'll give that a go too.

MyLaptop is okay, only about a year old but looking more and more seriously into getting a desktop instead, i just don't move around enough anymore to justify the laptop for games.

Going to give it a few months and fall down the rabbit hole of building a PC for the first time, should be disastrous.

MyLaptop is okay, only about a year old but looking more and more seriously into getting a desktop instead, i just don't move around enough anymore to justify the laptop for games.

Going to give it a few months and fall down the rabbit hole of building a PC for the first time, should be disastrous.
Yeah, if I'm sat in the corner of a room in front of a monitor the Mrs will become a right hassle. Would rather spend a little more and have the mobility, even though most of the time it's just around the house.

I've got a 3yr old Desktop which is mid-tier, decent-ish for most games I want to play. And I have a Macbook which is about 8 years old and I've battered it so it's starting to slow down. Thinking about getting a beast of a gaming laptop to replace both with next year possibly.

For that money you could get a pretty decent desktop

It's pretty much the same price as my last one which kept up for 6 years (but went to shit over the last 12 months or so).

Arrived today, played fuck all yet as I'm still working. I installed skyrim because I want to see what the framerate is like when I mod the shit out of it, it came with a code for death stranding which I imagine will look nice on the pc so I'll give that a go too.

Get 3d mark, its a great benchmarking programme. codes are pretty cheap online for steam. Will pretty much tell you everything about its performance from temps to clock speeds.

Back