New lap top smb advice needed

Has it got a touch screen?

That would be my question - it sounds very much like it is set up as a touch screen device, when it's a known problem with the way the message boards work as the "hover" event is disabled on them in most modern browsers. There used to be a way to change browser settings, but that has been removed in latest browsers.

The next version of the forum software (which I am testing at the moment) behaves differently so it should work again then, but its likely to be a few months more before that is used here (some quite significant changes).

That would be my question - it sounds very much like it is set up as a touch screen device, when it's a known problem with the way the message boards work as the "hover" event is disabled on them in most modern browsers. There used to be a way to change browser settings, but that has been removed in latest browsers.

The next version of the forum software (which I am testing at the moment) behaves differently so it should work again then, but its likely to be a few months more before that is used here (some quite significant changes).
Cheers Roger

Try resetting it a couple of times. Put it in a bag in the freezer overnight and then try. If all else fails try the same thing while it is sitting in a bowl of rice.

Do you use Ccleaner?
CCleaner Official Site | Clean & speed up your PC | Piriform
On the 'tools' tab, are the uninstall options missing from there? If so, then there are other ways. If you want them removed it's not hard, it'll just take a few minutes of your time.

Let me know if you really want them gone.

This or just through Add Or Remove Programs, although some of them may be running which simply need stopping first. Dell were buggers for overloading with trial software

Cc cleaner is excellent and free

A must program

Back