New kits 21/22

That is absolutely horrendous. Amazing compared to the quite subtle sponsor on the Dundee one above it. Wonder if Lincoln had to iron on their own like we did a couple of seasons ago due to a last minute change.
Yeah. I know brands want prominence and to retain their branding colours etc. but it always amazes me when they insist on it to the detriment of how the shirt looks. Surely they would be better off compromising slightly in order to then have their brand on a shirt that looks good. Virgin wines for example would be better if it was just slightly lower to even things out a bit, or better still, just the cricle without the added bulky square around it, maybe change the colour of the writing to black or soomething.

The crown one matches the trim perfectly so works well, likewise other brands that let clubs/manufacturers change the colours of the logo to tie in with the shirt it's on. It might stand out a little less, but it looks better, win win surely.

Last edited:
Yeah. I know brands want prominence and to retain their branding colours etc. but it always amazes me when they insist on it to the detriment of how the shirt looks. Surely they would be better off compromising slightly in order to then have their brand on a shirt that looks good. Virgin wines for example would be better if it was just slightly lower to even things out a bit, or better still, just the cricle without the added bulky square around it, maybe change the colour of the writing to black or soomething.

The crown one matches the trim perfectly so works well, likewise other brands that let clubs/manufacturers change the colours of the logo to tie in with the shirt it's on. It might stand out a little less, but it looks better, win win surely.
Virgin have form for making the sponsor as big and gaudy as possible.

at least this is printed letters rather than a big patch I suppose.

Keep saying this but I think Macron keep producing quality, simplistic yet slightly bespoke (could just be that they're rarer mind) kits.
I loved Macron when we had them. Only produced one bad kit, and that was just Parish with a shit PR idea. Training gear was absolutely gorgeous too

It’s not a bad path to take! I’m 26 and still follow that philosophy. Hopefully I don’t turn into a miserable old sod like many who enter their 30s ;)
Been to a few of their games, it’s a cracking day out.
Would love to take him to a game. It’s my fault really, not Greta’s. I’m a fully paid up wishy washy liberal leftie and fully behind their philosophy. I’m 49.

Looks better without the sponsor
Just about every one of those kits would look better without the sponsor. You could say that for all kits ever!
I suppose when you sign up with a sponsor you have to commit to their shite being plastered over all the kits produced (except gambling sponsors on kids’ kits) but I reckon a club would sell twice as many shirts if they were plain. I wonder at what point it becomes viable to sack off the sponsor - at least for replica kits - and money lost on their input would be gained back on shirts sold?

I loved Macron when we had them. Only produced one bad kit, and that was just Parish with a shit PR idea. Training gear was absolutely gorgeous too
What was the one shit one mate?
Just about every one of those kits would look better without the sponsor. You could say that for all kits ever!
I suppose when you sign up with a sponsor you have to commit to their shite being plastered over all the kits produced (except gambling sponsors on kids’ kits) but I reckon a club would sell twice as many shirts if they were plain. I wonder at what point it becomes viable to sack off the sponsor - at least for replica kits - and money lost on their input would be gained back on shirts sold?
Some clubs (Celtic and West Ham included I believe) sell a version of their kit with no sponsor. I am guessing the sponsor gets a break on the deal for allowing it, club still gets a (smaller) lump sum AND the opportunity to sell more kits.

Last edited:

Some clubs (Celtic and West Ham included I believe) sell a version of their kit with no sponsor. I am guessing the sponsor gets a break on the deal for allowing it, club still gets a (smaller) lump sum AND the opportunity to sell more kits.
Really? It’s a great idea I wish we would do this.
I wonder if its ever been suggested at these fan meetings, along with questioning the perennial lateness of our kit releases.

Arguably it should be full price for an unsponsored one, and £5 or maybe more off if you buy a sponsored top

Really? It’s a great idea I wish we would do this.
I wonder if its ever been suggested at these fan meetings, along with questioning the perennial lateness of our kit releases.
Now would be the time as the current deal is up in 12 months. Next time there is a club meeting I will ask RAWA to raise it.

Now would be the time as the current deal is up in 12 months. Next time there is a club meeting I will ask RAWA to raise it.
Excellent! But errr ...
New deal, new sponsors, new shirt makers ... more excuses for lateness. We can expect the next season’s shirts to be out just in time for Christmas 2022!

Back