New kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moben
They designed and fitted our kitchen, it was a total fuck up from the start.
Double swiped my card paying the deposit, overdrew my account.
Delivered the whole lot one week early.
Strip out and refitting took 4 days but over two weeks!
Paid for an independent check on the electrics after problems with constant trip outs. Moben covered all the costs but took another two days of disruption.
They charged me for a licence to park a skip in the street then had the Council threatening prosecution because they never applied for it.
Kitchen does look good but what a fuck on!!
I used to fit for Moben bout 10 year ago. **** s to get paid by. Owed my mate thousands. Went bust years ago didn't they?

Morning - anyone recently had a bespoke kitchen fitted and can recommend any companies locally? Ie anywhere in T&W

Ideally would like a 1-stop shop ray to design, buy and fit

Looked at Wrens and some nice stuff but not great reviews

Cheers in advance

If you want something truly bespoke then go to Magnet.

If you want someone to fit you and off the shelf kitchen, which will look good then good with the local fellas people have recommended.

I've just had one from Wren and can't fault them. At lot of my builder mates recommended them and the quality/guarantee is great. The room to price chip them as well is ridiculous

I used this place a couple of years ago, absolutely great, quality is top notch, but you have to either do the design yourself of find somebody to do it for you. We saved over 3k doing it this way.

I've just had one from Wren and can't fault them. At lot of my builder mates recommended them and the quality/guarantee is great. The room to price chip them as well is ridiculous

and that's why I refuse to use most of them.

like double glazing salesmen.. happy to rip you off at the outset

give me best price at outset.. don't want these shite games

I used to fit for Moben bout 10 year ago. **** s to get paid by. Owed my mate thousands. Went bust years ago didn't they?

To be honest the fitters where the problem though it wasn't their fault. They'd turn up ( Father and Son team) make a start then be phoned away on another job.
Some days they wouldn't turn up others the day would be cut short because items would be missing.
No idea if they went tits up but if they did I wouldn't be surprised.

To be honest the fitters where the problem though it wasn't their fault. They'd turn up ( Father and Son team) make a start then be phoned away on another job.
Some days they wouldn't turn up others the day would be cut short because items would be missing.
No idea if they went tits up but if they did I wouldn't be surprised.

Sounds typical of many self employed fitters/joiners, they seem scared to have no work so overbook and are constantly working between multiple jobs with a "main" job of the week, constantly running over the promised time. It's annoying for the customer, but it works for them, would be easier if they were honest though.

and that's why I refuse to use most of them.

like double glazing salesmen.. happy to rip you off at the outset

give me best price at outset.. don't want these shite games

True - we weren't in a massive rush as we hadn't moved in so I ignored the guy's calls for a few weeks and eventually they knocked about £9k off. It's annoying that they can't just quote fairly in the first place.

Although my mum is in the process of completing a barn conversion and she needs 7 kitchens, she went down and said she doesn't want any of the haggling and the usual shite and the first price they have quoted was very competitive and shes gone with them.

Didn't realise they were back up and running again. Just had a look on companies house and one of the brothers set a new company up again in January this year, so another one of their businesses must have went pop again.

May have been called Grange Kitchens and Bathrooms or something?

Getting mine done next week through Howdens and the firer who previously fitted out my parents kitchen. Can't fault Howdens to be honest, if you want the fitters number I can pass it over to you. He's charging me £800 all in for removal and fitting.

mine needs doing anarl like. It's the only room we haven't touched since we moved in and it's f***ing honking. What kind of price are you looking at from the likes of wren? Doesn't need to be owt special as we'll probably be moving in a few years.

Getting mine done next week through Howdens and the firer who previously fitted out my parents kitchen. Can't fault Howdens to be honest, if you want the fitters number I can pass it over to you. He's charging me £800 all in for removal and fitting.

Cheap that like, does that include skipping it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back