New interest to buy donald shares

Do not understand why Stewart Donald still wants a chunk of the club.

In the negotiations with Ellis he elbowed his way past the spanish consortium and later on insisted on keeping a significant share if Campbell took over.

Because he wants to be part of the club and enjoys it.

thats odd..he made clear he wants willing to sell all the shares...in fcat even the journalists who get ebverything wrong got one thing right..he was never intending to sell up from safc this summer..

SD was the one talking down the levek of interest he had in getting new shareholders..the journos and people like you with a vested interest were talking up the prospect of him selling...

turns out he was telling the truth..

do you work with gordon armstorng and are tyou part of the group trying to talj these owners down so your mates can buy the club instead?
the volume of lies coming out from certain sources indicates there is an organised and orchestrated campaign..

that last paragraph there is funny as fuck, for ages I've had you down as one of the same group ( Gordon Armstrong/ Mickey Gray ) who were stirring the shit last year, nee offence mate, I just thought you always had an ulterior motive or an agenda. Probably why people accuse you of being connected to the club in some way?

Why would Donald sell any shares when they're probably at the point where they're the lowest that they'll go?

If he's in it to make money for himself then he won't sell them. Would be worth a lot more if we go up & there's no chance we'll go down.
Stop coming along here with silly logic and ruining people’s agenda

Why would Donald sell any shares when they're probably at the point where they're the lowest that they'll go?

If he's in it to make money for himself then he won't sell them. Would be worth a lot more if we go up & there's no chance we'll go down.

Because he knows that the club needs investment very quickly as his pockets are not deep enough to fund. Yes, they want to get the club self sustaining and that's a great concept but on the way it will need some cash injections. I don't think Donald will or can do that. He will keep some, incase we go up and it's sheer profit. If we don't go up this season the picture is very bleak next year in terms of finance.

Only if the owners completely asset strip the club & sell the training ground/stadium
Who the fuck is he going to sell the ground to, Redby junior school?

Spot on. Just hope it doesnt translate to the SOL
This board is not a true representation of Sunderland fans who go to games. I would say about 5%. Nothing that is spouted off on this board is ever translated into something that happens with the vast majority of people in the ground

Last edited:
So you see an article that clearly states Chris Wilder is out of the running and Ross comes on the radar, and somehow equate that to a straight choice between the two?
Chris Wilder was never coming; he'd achieved promotion and champo stability with Sheff Utd and fancied his chances to go one better there. What kind of money would we have had to offer to invite him onto our crash-and-burn juggernaut?
So what was presented at the time was totally different to your take on it:
Wilder was a "no chance at all" in the same way we were never going to get Arsene Wenger, or Pep Guardiola, or Sam Allardyce back, or any other crazy scheme you or others could come up with.

I think SD should make a note of all posters on here who grumble at him wanting to make ££££ on his investment.
He could invite them all to form a consortium.
If they give him £1,000 each he gets his money and clearly they don't mind money being pissed up the wall, so they won't mind. Win, win.

Last edited:
He got the club for next to nothing, he has sold off any player worth anything and ran us on parachute payments, from day one he has been taking about selling us on rather than planning for the future. Rather than getting an experienced manager in he took the cheap option and went for Ross who clearly isn’t up for the task, even after leading us to the worst position in our history he has stuck with him.... He continues to make all the mistakes of the past - putting the wrong players on big contracts... and now apparently there’s no money left. Brilliant, sooner he goes the better.

Could be worse, he could be from Wallsend and you could be from Wallsend!!!

Because he knows that the club needs investment very quickly as his pockets are not deep enough to fund. Yes, they want to get the club self sustaining and that's a great concept but on the way it will need some cash injections. I don't think Donald will or can do that. He will keep some, incase we go up and it's sheer profit. If we don't go up this season the picture is very bleak next year in terms of finance.
Seems bleak now nevermind next season scrapping around for loans now as we cant afford to bring anyone else in

He hasnt been a disaster. He was the right person to stabalise the club but he is not the right person to lead it into its future.
This. Not popular opinion but I like the owners. However there isn’t a chance in hell we can compete at the top end of the championship with them in charge. We will yo yo between divisions if we go up and we don’t get new owners.

Finishing fifth and getting to the play off final was hardly spot on.
We were absolutely garbage from Jan. it could also be argued if it wasn’t for individuals like the keeper and Maja we’d have been nowhere near the playoffs. Ross has to change and do it f***ing quickly

Last edited:
At one point it was a straight choice between Ross and Chris Wilder, Ross was the cheaper option by far
No it wasn't as per the article you posted. I believe it starts with saying that Wilder is out of the running as he's agreed a new contract with Sheffield United.

love it when people post "half facts" :rolleyes:

Back