New interest to buy donald shares

Says nixon

“SUNDERLAND. New interest for Donald shares. Three parties sniffed since Mark Campbell backed off. Deal would be less shares for less cash by sounds. But that changes on a weekly basis.”
Wouldn’t believe anything Nixon says

Do other fans scrutinise their clubs finances as much as some of ours do? While I certainly think there's some valid questions to ask, we do seem to have a lot of supporters who are financial experts.

I'd think supporters of Bolton, Bury and Blackpool probably do. It wasn't a major thing with us until it started to go badly wrong under Short; maybe Jim would have done a quick bit on the accounts once a year, and that was it. It takes things going tits up to get supporters attention. Once you're aware that it does actually matter, it gets more attention. That, in turn, produces misinformation and exposes an understandable knowledge gap, which people like me try to fill as best we can. Every team will have finance professionals supporting it; it's just that most of the time the finances don't need particular comment. That changes when there's an imminent risk of a club failing.

One thing is clear; the Mags don't scrutinise enough. Otherwise, they might actually appreciate how responsibly their club is being run.

I'd think supporters of Bolton, Bury and Blackpool probably do. It wasn't a major thing with us until it started to go badly wrong under Short; maybe Jim would have done a quick bit on the accounts once a year, and that was it. It takes things going tits up to get supporters attention. Once you're aware that it does actually matter, it gets more attention. That, in turn, produces misinformation and exposes an understandable knowledge gap, which people like me try to fill as best we can. Every team will have finance professionals supporting it; it's just that most of the time the finances don't need particular comment. That changes when there's an imminent risk of a club failing.

One thing is clear; the Mags don't scrutinise enough. Otherwise, they might actually appreciate how responsibly their club is being run.
My impression is that the vast majority don't understand it, so end up coming up with an interpretation that suits their own agenda. I don't even have nothing to do with the monthly bills at home, she sorts all that. I just know how much footy and beer money I have to play with and that does me. Mind despite my limited knowledge you can often tell who is making it up as they go along. I'll take your word for it marra and stick to the footy stuff.

Heard for a 2nd time the club is skint and we won’t be signing any players of 1m plus. Same source both times.

Member of staff from the club. Club legend in fact.

Heard for a 2nd time the club is skint and we won’t be signing any players of 1m plus. Same source both times.

Member of staff from the club. Club legend in fact.
Well at least we know we won't be over paying for anyone. At least we've learnt one lesson.

Do other fans scrutinise their clubs finances as much as some of ours do? While I certainly think there's some valid questions to ask, we do seem to have a lot of supporters who are financial experts.
Pompey fans certainly do. I think most fans should be asking questions of Sunderland finances at the moment, considering the disparity between promises and reality.

Why would Donald sell any shares when they're probably at the point where they're the lowest that they'll go?

If he's in it to make money for himself then he won't sell them. Would be worth a lot more if we go up & there's no chance we'll go down.
Maybe there are cash flow issues and they need someone to put money in.

Pompey fans certainly do. I think most fans should be asking questions of Sunderland finances at the moment, considering the disparity between promises and reality.
I'll leave it to those know what questions to ask. Fans aren't as green as some of these football club owners probably think. If anyone's trying to pull the wool over our eyes they will get found out eventually. There's plenty of examples of that as you well know.

Back