New interest to buy donald shares

You're a complete muppet if you think that like.

He got the club for next to nothing, he has sold off any player worth anything and ran us on parachute payments, from day one he has been taking about selling us on rather than planning for the future. Rather than getting an experienced manager in he took the cheap option and went for Ross who clearly isn’t up for the task, even after leading us to the worst position in our history he has stuck with him.... He continues to make all the mistakes of the past - putting the wrong players on big contracts... and now apparently there’s no money left. Brilliant, sooner he goes the better.

He got the club for next to nothing, he has sold off any player worth anything and ran us on parachute payments, from day one he has been taking about selling us on rather than planning for the future. Rather than getting an experienced manager in he took the cheap option and went for Ross who clearly isn’t up for the task, even after leading us to the worst position in our history he has stuck with him.... He continues to make all the mistakes of the past - putting the wrong players on big contracts... and now apparently there’s no money left. Brilliant, sooner he goes the better.

He was 1 game away from getting it spot on in his first season.

Yeah but realistically the club is still at the bottom price because it's in league 1. It's not going to go any lower than this.

I would expect that to be a major part of his thinking. The club is at an all time low, but he clearly thinks he is turning things around so it can only go upwards. At the same time, we obviously need more investment to get us back up to the level we belong, and SD doesn't have the funds available for that.

The mystery really is Satori, as I thought he was brought in to provide extra investment when we needed it and for whatever reason that doesn't appear to be happening.

You do wonder if there would ever be room for fans investing in the club again like we did when Bob Murray sold shares and listed the company (only for Drumaville to compulsory purchase them all back off us!)

I am of the opinion that Donald doesn't want to sell all of his shares until we reach the PL. He thinks that the club are able to get there with the right amount of financial backing and doesn't want to lose out on his big pay day.
He doesn't have the money to make the club even competitive in the Championship, so he's looking to sell part of the club to achieve this and make the maximum amount of profit for himself. He's a businessman, pure and simple and that is what they do.
The sooner he goes the better for the club.

When was he talking about selling us? I am sure it is his plan to turn the club around and sell part or all of it at a profit, he is a businessman after all, but I must have missed him keep saying that.

I am sure we had loads of experienced managers queuing up at the door, he must have been spoilt for choice :rolleyes:

New interest, after SD reportedly dropped the asking price, for his stake in the club.

The bit about Ross just being a cheap option is a bit harsh mind. Yes we could have gone for a more experienced option but we had that with Moyes, Grayson and Coleman (and Allardyce like, just for balance). Most were desperate for us not to go to the merry go round, to get someone young, someone on the way up rather than the way down, someone who needed to succeed for the good of their career rather than not really being arsed if they get sacked thanks to the pay off they'd get. I'm not exactly happy with how he's done, and if we don't start well I'd happily see him sacked, but I wouldn't criticise the decision to bring him in, he seemed (and might still turn out, fingers crossed) to be a decent young coach

The bit about Ross just being a cheap option is a bit harsh mind. Yes we could have gone for a more experienced option but we had that with Moyes, Grayson and Coleman (and Allardyce like, just for balance). Most were desperate for us not to go to the merry go round, to get someone young, someone on the way up rather than the way down, someone who needed to succeed for the good of their career rather than not really being arsed if they get sacked thanks to the pay off they'd get. I'm not exactly happy with how he's done, and if we don't start well I'd happily see him sacked, but I wouldn't criticise the decision to bring him in, he seemed (and might still turn out, fingers crossed) to be a decent young coach
At one point it was a straight choice between Ross and Chris Wilder, Ross was the cheaper option by far

I'm all for being sensible but I also want the club to spend, after the way we were another year in league one isn't the end of the world but a third year would be really poor.

This is the season we need to get out of this league then we can start to enact a long term plan for youth investment which we have started to make use of in the last few years looking at 16 year olds who get released from bigger clubs academies.

I'm all for being sensible but I also want the club to spend, after the way we were another year in league one isn't the end of the world but a third year would be really poor.

This is the season we need to get out of this league then we can start to enact a long term plan for youth investment which we have started to make use of in the last few years looking at 16 year olds who get released from bigger clubs academies.
This is how I'd thought they'd go. Buy the best players from the lower leagues, the best PL youth players that get released etc.

Get a coaching setup that will really push them, and back them up with good L1 or Champo players.

Of course that would require investment and they were only interested in promotion, a plan that executed so badly we ended up wasting punking £3m on Grigg to try and put it right.

Back