New forum potential?

Lord Alfred

Striker
Does anyone else think it would be nice to have a new forum concentrating on environmental, ecological issues and a more holistic way of living. It can include the obvious issues of climate change, debate whether consumerism is compatible with reductions in global warming, sustainable transport issues, the food we eat, eco business, the effects of automation and AI, smart cities, population growth and migration etc.

I find it all very interesting but I accept others won't. Is there any demand for this idea or is it too niche and easily incorporated into existing forums.

I do agree that we as a planet/species are on our way to self-destruction. Whether or not a sub forum on here would make any difference I have no idea. Be worth reading though.

Does anyone else think it would be nice to have a new forum concentrating on environmental, ecological issues and a more holistic way of living. It can include the obvious issues of climate change, debate whether consumerism is compatible with reductions in global warming, sustainable transport issues, the food we eat, eco business, the effects of automation and AI, smart cities, population growth and migration etc.

I find it all very interesting but I accept others won't. Is there any demand for this idea or is it too niche and easily incorporated into existing forums.

Unbelievably important are environmental issues, it's got my support

All sub forums are a waste of time imho. They end up with few posts or in the case of politics few posters saying the same thing many times.
It's a very interesting subject but there is not a chance that humans will come together and stop people consuming shit.
Just wait for the shit to hit the fan and enjoy your life to the full until it does.

What a completely irresponsible waste of bandwidth this suggestion is.

This is going well :lol: :lol: :lol:
All sub forums are a waste of time imho. They end up with few posts or in the case of politics few posters saying the same thing many times.
It's a very interesting subject but there is not a chance that humans will come together and stop people consuming shit.
Just wait for the shit to hit the fan and enjoy your life to the full until it does.

Politics forum is a huge success though, and apparently more people place climate change above Brexit in their list of concerns.

Last edited:
How much extra electricity will this additional sub-forum consume, how much extra carbon dioxide will be released to satisfy the OP's righteousness?

Good point. What if however it leads to more awareness among people who then change the way they do things. Small acorns and all that.
Better off registering on some tree hugging hippy board. There are other interne forums marra.

Can you direct me to one marra....love trees like.

I’ll start by getting the highways agency to turn the traffic lights off on roundabouts at night.
Never really thought about the environmental side of it till I saw something about idling on Breakfast this morning.

Oh and it’s unnecessary anyway, the stupid bastards.

This is going well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Politics forum is a huge success though, and apparently more people place climate change above Brexit in their list of concerns.
A huge success? I beg to differ.

Climate change is a fascinating topic. Everyone thinks something should be done but nobody does anything.
The current current structure of society is based on economic growth. Nobody is talking about changing that.

I’ll start by getting the highways agency to turn the traffic lights off on roundabouts at night.
Never really thought about the environmental side of it till I saw something about idling on Breakfast this morning.

Just watching that now. Goid point raised by the campaigner about how if he can smell it 6 ft above the ground what effect is it having on babies/children in buggies right down there at exhaust level.

Can you direct me to one marra....love trees like.
I'm a commie, not a hippy. How the fuck should I know. :lol:

At the point you have lights at a round about its just town planners admitting they've fucked up and given up trying to fix it.

Last edited:
A huge success? I beg to differ.

Climate change is a fascinating topic. Everyone thinks something should be done but nobody does anything.
The current current structure of society is based on economic growth. Nobody is talking about changing that.

Why do you think the politics forum isn't successful?

I agree with the second point you raise. The economic model needs to change but surely that's the whole point of debating it. If enough people sign up to change then politicians have to listen.

Why do you think the politics forum isn't successful?

I agree with the second point you raise. The economic model needs to change but surely that's the whole point of debating it. If enough people sign up to change then politicians have to listen.
It's just the same people sniping at each other.

You can debate climate change until the world stops turning but the zeitgeist needs changing.
I personally think all aviation should be banned tomorrow. It would be a great step forward in cutting emissions but would fuck up so much of the world it is impossible.

Back