New England Coach Announcement

Gillespie. I would do it but I work Saturdays. Oh and I have just remembered I have never coached in my life. Should not be a problem though.

Last edited:
Gary Kirsten would be an excellent, and sensible, appointment.

So naturally, being the ECB, they'll give it to Andrew Symonds.

Not another foreign coach.He must be ENGLISH.
Giles will appoint two English assistant coaches to back up Kirsten and take over series to give them experience of running the England side with a view to appointing an Englishman when Kirsten eventually steps down. Giles wants to improve England’s succession planning and ensure there is an English coach with enough experience to take the top job in the future after appointments of an Australian in Bayliss and South African Kirsten.

Giles will appoint two English assistant coaches to back up Kirsten and take over series to give them experience of running the England side with a view to appointing an Englishman when Kirsten eventually steps down. Giles wants to improve England’s succession planning and ensure there is an English coach with enough experience to take the top job in the future after appointments of an Australian in Bayliss and South African Kirsten.
Would Kirsten not bring in his own assistants ?
Why! Surely it’s who is best for the job?

Plus our last foreign coach only delivered the WORLD CUP!
He failed at no 1 format test cricket.No consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Yep.

A Zimbabwean won us the Ashes in 05.
A Zimbabwean won the WT20, a series win in Aus, and got us to number 1 in the world.
An Aussie won us the World Cup and made us the best ODI team on the planet.

But no, he must be English...🤨
Buggin's turn. ;)

Would Kirsten not bring in his own assistants ?

He failed at no 1 format test cricket.No consistency.

We must have a diffrent defintion of failing as not losing a test home series throughout his whole time is not failure, and neither is beating the Aussies in the Ashes, the next series after been beat 5 0, 18 months later.

As for other foreign coaches what about Fletcher and Flower who did good jobs too?

Back