New doctor who

Technically........theyve never made Thor, Iron Man, Hulk or Spiderman a woman......its just been different people taking over the 'brand name' for whatever reason.:cool::lol:

Tony Stark has never been a bird though, the Hulk you know and love hasnt (even though theres female hulks) , neither has Thor you know (even though the current Thor is a lass). If you knar what i mean! :rolleyes::lol:

Technically........theyve never made Thor, Iron Man, Hulk or Spiderman a woman......its just been different people taking over the 'brand name' for whatever reason.:cool::lol:

Tony Stark has never been a bird though, the Hulk you know and love hasnt (even though theres female hulks) , neither has Thor you know (even though the current Thor is a lass). If you knar what i mean! :rolleyes::lol:
I knar you're a nerd.

I don't give a shiny shit if there is or isn't anything in Dr Who canon. It's my personal opinion based on the farce they made of the Master when they turned him female. Getting a conscience, flirting with the Doctor and self sacrifice are NOT and never should be any part of the makeup of the Master.

If they turn the Doctor into some sort of weeping willow, lusting over every bloke she meets and stroking kittens then that is not a Doctor that I want any part of. Stuff PC.

You'd have a heart attack if they'd chosen a black lass.

That doesn't forbid the doctor from being male, though. I find it a bit weird that a TV show about an alien who can travel both space and time and regenerate into an entirely different body cannot possibly be anything other than a man. I wonder if people would also kick off if the doctor was not white.

Who said that a female would be a weeping willow, lusting after every bloke she met and stroking kittens? They could develop a strong female character for the doctor.

You said it's your personal opinion because of the mess they made of casting the master, but before you said it was because it was politically correct. Make up your mind.

I bet he thinks Ripley should have been played by Bruce Willis in the Alien movies.

Yeah, but actors rarely bring their previous screen work into it when they play the Doctor. Just like Capaldi never referred to a situation as an omnishambles or told the Daleks to fuck the fuck off
shame like... im sure the presence of a chocolate dildo would have enhanced the fight against the cyber men...

Chris Chibnall worked on Torchwood, which had a lot of edgy and creepy stories. Hopefully he brings some of that sensibility to it.

A few people on here was saying he would be awful, based on his Broadchurch work, but having looked at the list of Torchwood episodes, he might actually be good. I didn't know he had done writing for that. Countrycide was one of his, which was more like a horror show style plot. I think they were killing, bleeding and eating people in that. Certainly one of the darker episodes. He did '42' for Doctor Who, where the Doctor finds himself on a spaceship heading for destruction in 42 minutes and he has to find a way to save the day. I remember saying at the time that was more like a traditional Doctor Who episode.

Perhaps there is hope that Moffatt's legacy will be well and truely killed off. Certainly there is no reason why a woman could not carry the darker stories. Just look at Gwen in Torchwood. Although the did give her the 'oh but how do I do this difficult job and keep my boyfriend happy' story line (same as the Doctor's companions all having relationships back home), the rest was a strong, action packed, intelligent character.

Countrycide was one of his, which was more like a horror show style plot. I think they were killing, bleeding and eating people in that.
That was the one that sprung to mind for me as well. When the bloke leans in at the end and says "Do you know why I did it? I'll only tell you if i can whisper..." - "because I liked it"

Yeah, but actors rarely bring their previous screen work into it when they play the Doctor. Just like Capaldi never referred to a situation as an omnishambles or told the Daleks to fuck the fuck off

Keep on hoping he'd say Fuckity Bye, will have to wait until Christmas to see if he does.

This is what will happen - First episode she'll not be able to get the Tardis started and have to take a job in the local pub while she waits for someone to come and fix it, she'll then get embroiled in the latest goings on and it will become a sort of EastEnders meets Coronation Street thing - something like the cantina off Star Wars as various aliens call in for a pint and / or to try and kill her - Steve Guttenberg will be in it at some point

That was the one that sprung to mind for me as well. When the bloke leans in at the end and says "Do you know why I did it? I'll only tell you if i can whisper..." - "because I liked it"

Now I picture that scene in my head, I have just realised that the creepy bloke is Owen Teale - Alliser Thorn from Game Of Thrones.

Back