New digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Winger
Hi all I am looking at getting a new digital camera, I have been looking around at either getting a top end 14mp small camera for about £120 compared to an entry level DSLR camera starting at around £300. I have looked on ebay and there are a few good (looking) ones selling for about £120 but I am not sure what sort of wear occurs on these cameras and what faults might develop.

The things I want the DSLR for that the normal one wont do is; adjustable shutter speeds, ie been able to leave the shutter open for 30 secs if taking pics of flowing water can be impressive, or having a higher shutter speed for action shots. Also from what I have read the DSLR can take shots one after the other and there is no lag between pressing the button and the bloody thing taking the shot.

I am also getting quite good at using photoshop and photo plus but dont really have enough quality from my current camera to do anything that good of my own.

In short is it really worth the extra cash for the DSLR.

and not as important, but whenever I see people out with a fancy camera and loads of bags for it, I do kind of think, wanka. Although I feel the same about people who drive big off road trucks, but know I would have one if ever I had the cash.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted

Hi all I am looking at getting a new digital camera, I have been looking around at either getting a top end 14mp small camera for about £120 compared to an entry level DSLR camera starting at around £300. I have looked on ebay and there are a few good (looking) ones selling for about £120 but I am not sure what sort of wear occurs on these cameras and what faults might develop.

The things I want the DSLR for that the normal one wont do is; adjustable shutter speeds, ie been able to leave the shutter open for 30 secs if taking pics of flowing water can be impressive, or having a higher shutter speed for action shots. Also from what I have read the DSLR can take shots one after the other and there is no lag between pressing the button and the bloody thing taking the shot.

I am also getting quite good at using photoshop and photo plus but dont really have enough quality from my current camera to do anything that good of my own.

In short is it really worth the extra cash for the DSLR.

and not as important, but whenever I see people out with a fancy camera and loads of bags for it, I do kind of think, wanka. Although I feel the same about people who drive big off road trucks, but know I would have one if ever I had the cash.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted

For me it's worth the extra, mainly for the bit it bold.

You could get a good second hand SLR for somewhere in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back