New Development (toll bar - ryhope)

I think the recent proposed gypo site was up at leechmere industrial estate rather than along at the garage
Sunderland council as forced a few year ago to designate a potential site for travellers. The toll bar was the spot and it's been kept aside for years.hopefully the kfc development will kill that one off.

No doubt Councillors will be the first ones forced to move next door to whichever site is chosen as they deserve to be the first to 'enjoy' what they've authorised!

I may be slightly confused. I’m talking about the development at the bottom of Toll Bar Road? Only seen the development while driving past so hadn’t realised any were finished.
Ah the old salterfen estate. Not sure yet they are currently clearing the site
Ah the old salterfen estate. Not sure yet they are currently clearing the site
There is going to be burger king, KFC, Starbucks and Gregg's and one mystery unit that no one seems to know who is taking

Last edited:
I looked at the plans last year and it is going to be a KFC, Burger King, Greggs and another couple of other units (pizza shop/chippy?)

I also heard that one on the units was going to be a Starbucks.

It'll certainly cut down the queues at Maccys next to it.

I looked at the plans last year and it is going to be a KFC, Burger King, Greggs and another couple of other units (pizza shop/chippy?)

I also heard that one on the units was going to be a Starbucks.

It'll certainly cut down the queues at Maccys next to it.
Should incorporate the lot in the empty furniture shop ,like a motorway services set up
loads of space

Back