New design of smb

I see we've lost the facility to add to a thread with a new post where you were the last poster. The previous 24 hour wait was a pain sometimes but to have it removed altogether is unsporting.

Shame the navigation arrow that was at the top of the thread list where you could easily jump between the different forums is gone, was much quicker using that to jump between the SMB and Pure Football. Found a pic on google images in case anyone isn’t sure what I mean - the blue arrow along from Forums and SMB.

Logon or register to see this image
Two logins aye?

It does autosave and you can manually save too - there should be a "floppy disc" icon in the editor toolbar which allows save/delete draft. However I am not seeing this in the mobile version of the editor, just on tablet and desktop. Another thing to add to my list to investigate!
A few go missing even on a laptop. Just reduce the window size to less that 800 pixels (estimate) and the Save disappears and others such as Strikethough and the Font Family icons disappear. If you keep reducing to less than all 1 row of icons width does then put them on 2 rows but the missing icons are still missing. This is what happens when you make the window really narrow in the pic below. Or to simulate it another way text zoom up to 200% as it loses the icons from around 1600 pixels window width.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few go missing even on a laptop. Just reduce the window size to less that 800 pixels (estimate) and the Save disappears and others such as Strikethough and the Font Family icons disappear. If you keep reducing to less than all 1 row of icons width does then put them on 2 rows but the missing icons are still missing. This is what happens when you make the window really narrow in the pic below. Or to simulate it another way text zoom up to 200% as it loses the icons from around 1600 pixels window width.

I've give up moaning about it, its f***ing shite now so get used to it.

The font is awful.

I've give up moaning about it, its f***ing shite now so get used to it.

The font is awful.
Who's moaning? I'm not as I'm just pointing out how the icons are disppearing :lol: I have an idea why as I did my own forum 15 years back with phpbb and used to piss about rearranging the layout. I'm sure RTGAdmin will manage just fine sussing out what to possibly do about it.

There's been some reet precious fannies on this forum recently since the change, it's as if they've caught Magitis with all the moaning. What they don't realise is that forum software gets updated for numerous reasons. There comes a time when a forum owner has to upgrade or else they leave themselves open to bugs, exploits etc and even more so when it's no longer being supported by forum software developers. Xenforo Version 1.5 support was stopped May 29th this year and I'm presuming the SMB was on that version as version 2 had this new look. Version 2 has been out since late 2017 but the latest version in 2.1 is a recent version from Janiary with the latest version from April this year.

Shit always happens with forum upgrades and some shit gets sorted eventually and some doesn't. That's because the forum software has been modified too much to keep the 'old feel' of the last version. Change it too much and it's harder to maintain when the forum software developers make revisions so sometimes it's best to to keep custom changes minimal. Users just adapt in time and it will be forgotten just like the last major change but you're right about one thing, get used to it! ;)
I see we've lost the facility to add to a thread with a new post where you were the last poster. The previous 24 hour wait was a pain sometimes but to have it removed altogether is unsporting.
Are you talking about bumping a thread rather than just posting again and it merging with your last post? (like mine will add to it but will merge the 2 posts when I post it)

I didn't know there was a 24 hour wait that existed but it's not unsporting as it may just be a setting to enable or a mod addon that hasn't been set yet but maybe they aren't aware of it yet given the amount of stuff that will still need tinkering with. I sussed a way to bump threads straight away but I won't say how as it will just get abused as there's a reason why double posting doesn't normally bump up threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not great on mobile at all (IOS) , but pretty f***ing cool on PC/Mac

Is there a mobile app @Roger ?

No, app.

I am still making tweaks based on feedback, so hopefully we will improve the mobile experience - it is important to make this as good as I can as obviously more people access via mobile than any other device. I will never please everyone, but where I can make changes that improve things I will try to.

Will you be able to change the time limit from when adding on a thread with a new post when you're the last reply instead of just adding it on to your last post? Just replied to a betting thread from 2ish months ago ready for this season but all it's done is add the reply to the last post and not bumped it up at all.

@Roger I've been tagged twice the morning but didn't get a notification for either one.

Also the multiple quotes and no notification issue is still happening.

Sorry for nagging :oops:

I just discovered that if you type a colon then start typing a word, it brings up possible smiles.

Back