New design of smb

Was wondering this myself. Does it autosave posts too? I used to manually save them if I was typing out a longer message, doesn't seem to be an option for that now.

Aye it seems to autosave but not sure how often it does it. I started replying to a post, realised I was talking shite, couldn't find the delete draft option so just clicked back onto the forum. Later on I went back to the thread and quoted someone else, the post I quoted was quite long and it was only just before I went to post that I realised the initial quote and half written bollocks was still there at the top! Managed to delete it in time, but I did love the delete draft option

Aye it seems to autosave but not sure how often it does it. I started replying to a post, realised I was talking shite, couldn't find the delete draft option so just clicked back onto the forum. Later on I went back to the thread and quoted someone else, the post I quoted was quite long and it was only just before I went to post that I realised the initial quote and half written bollocks was still there at the top! Managed to delete it in time, but I did love the delete draft option

It does autosave and you can manually save too - there should be a "floppy disc" icon in the editor toolbar which allows save/delete draft. However I am not seeing this in the mobile version of the editor, just on tablet and desktop. Another thing to add to my list to investigate!

It does autosave and you can manually save too - there should be a "floppy disc" icon in the editor toolbar which allows save/delete draft. However I am not seeing this in the mobile version of the editor, just on tablet and desktop. Another thing to add to my list to investigate!

Cheers, should have added that I'm viewing on my phone (android), was looking for the floppy disc but wasn't sure if it had just become a different icon. It's a small issue mind, think the forum looks canny overall

It's almost unreadable for me now. The font is tiny compared to the last one. I'm on a Huawei P20 pro. running Android 9.

I never used that so didn't really notice it was missing, I just used the line "Forums ... SMB etc" which is still there (although it collapses to just showing the previous level on mobile). I will investigate and see if there is any way of providing an equivalent to that arrow (I assume it brought up a dropdown menu of the forums?)

Aye a list of all the forums and sub-forums.

Have to say I hate the new layout. I preferred that the old board wasn't like every other forum and had a thousand f***ing emoji's bells and whistles. I'm finding myself not interested in looking through the posts anymore. There's no familiarity to the place I've known for the last 16years. I get that the new board will resonate with the Millenials and that the masses probably wanted it, but it does fuck all for me.

New design is good... feature rich...

One slight thing, possibly user error... on the old "watched threads" view it would only display threads that had updated since you'd last viewed it, now it lists everything? just meant you could refresh the screen to see any updates...

Have to say I hate the new layout. I preferred that the old board wasn't like every other forum and had a thousand f***ing emoji's bells and whistles. I'm finding myself not interested in looking through the posts anymore. There's no familiarity to the place I've known for the last 16years. I get that the new board will resonate with the Millenials and that the masses probably wanted it, but it does fuck all for me.

I'd agree re: emojis. Just stick with the classic set and remove the others imo.

The dark mode is nice but could do with the font being a bit lighter imo.

I'd agree re: emojis. Just stick with the classic set and remove the others imo.

The dark mode is nice but could do with the font being a bit lighter imo.
Agree I've had to switch to dark mode to make it more palatable. It does look better on a PC but I'd spend 95% of my time on a phone.

Hew! Admin boy. ;) I am unable to copy and past pictures now on here? Has it changed?

Back