Coronavirus compendium thread

The Chinese have decided to quarentine 23 million people, must be some basis for it. Wouldn't be surprised if they were hiding the true numbers.

Already confined its no where near as bad as ebola or sars.

It's no wonder the daft bastards get sick.
The Chinese have decided to quarentine 23 million people, must be some basis for it. Wouldn't be surprised if they were hiding the true numbers.

Last edited:

26 deaths so far... The 1918 Spanish flu pandemic killed 50 million ffs ...media should get a grip and stop scaremongering

Interesting you brought up Spanish influenza. I've just been speaking to my father (who has been an advisor to the WHO in virology on numerous occasions) and he believes that the real mortality rate for spanish flu was close to 2% but the latest figures put the new virus at 3%.

26 deaths so far... The 1918 Spanish flu pandemic killed 50 million ffs ...media should get a grip and stop scaremongering

Pandemics will always spread relatively slowly at the outset. Its known as exponential growth and is explained in the below video.

Last edited:
Hang on mate, innocent people are dying, and it’s amusing?
Nope very sad for most but I make no apologies for wishing suffering on people who abuse animals. My comment was in relation to the bat soup eaters and other sick fucks who effectively torture animals by eating them alive.

Bat soup - something you'd make up if you were trying to take the piss out of the Chinese. What the hell's wrong with these people.

Chinese people do not eat bats. I've lived in China and I am there more than any other country, including just a week or so ago. This is not a thing.

There's some real racist and orientalist sentiment coming out concerning the outbreak of this disease which is being spread by the gutter press.

Chinese people do not eat bats. I've lived in China and I am there more than any other country, including just a week or so ago. This is not a thing.

There's some real racist and orientalist sentiment coming out concerning the outbreak of this disease which is being spread by the gutter press.
Can you provide any evidence of your earlier claim that 34 cases have been cured as everything I've seen so far says there is no specific cure of vaccine yet. Additionally, China is a huge place, how can you with any certainty claim that some Chinese people don't eat bats? Have you covered every inch of the country?

Can you provide any evidence of your earlier claim that 34 cases have been cured as everything I've seen so far says there is no specific cure of vaccine yet. Additionally, China is a huge place, how can you with any certainty claim that some Chinese people don't eat bats? Have you covered every inch of the country?

Yes I think it's quite obvious that Chinese people don't by any meaningful number eat bats.

Cured might be better defined as "recovered"- as in people discharged from hospital who overcame their symptoms not through a specific vaccine. Nobody under 48 has died. As it is a variant of the flu it can be overcome naturally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I think it's quite obvious that Chinese people don't by any meaningful number eat bats.

Cured might be better defined as "recovered"- as in people released for hospital who overcame their symptoms not through a specific vaccine. Nobody under 48 has died. As it is a variant of the flu it can be overcome naturally.
It doesn't take thousands of people to eat bats for a mutated virus to begin to spread. China is huge, there will be areas so dirt poor that they'll eat what they can lay their hands on. Not that there's any guarantee that eating bats is the cause of this, yet.

I think the fact that the Chinese government have shut down whole cities at Lunar New Year and that the W.H.O. have discussed the issue in depth proves that there might be foundations for things to get worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back