Coronavirus compendium thread

They’re are bound to be unreported aren’t they? I could be wrong but dont the majority affected only suffer mild flu type symptoms where they won’t need to consult a doctor. It’s only the more serious cases where a doctor will get involved and or the patient hospitalised and it only be these that they are counting, they won’t know about the mild infections, how can they

And the moral of that story is don’t call an Uber if you live in London
Yes and no. Before now for sure, but now they have kicked out the old leaders of the region and replaced them with new ministers they want to report as many cases as possible, blame the predecessors incompetence, and accelerate the figures so they can show it coming back down once reported cases are confirmed to be false positives when they get the lab test results a few days later. That way they show it is under apparent control and they are doing a good job.

Promising article about a potential treatment. Probably easier to collect plasma in a communist country though, not sure how this would work in most of the world.

Last edited:
Yes and no. Before now for sure, but now they have kicked out the old leaders of the region and replaced them with new ministers they want to report as many cases as possible, blame the predecessors incompetence, and accelerate the figures so they can show it coming back down once reported cases are confirmed to be false positives when they get the lab test results a few days later. That way they show it is under apparent control and they are doing a good job.
Isn’t it predicated to go away when the weather turns warmer anyway, around the end of February ?
Assuming this is China, we get snow at Easter

Senior NHS managers have been told that medics will stop testing for the strain known as Covid-19 “once around 100 cases have been confirmed”, The Sunday Telegraph reported.

Any ideas on the reason for this if true? Perhaps its to stop people obsessing about the numbers and trying to reduce panic. Its a bit shitty though im my opinion. If somebody is taken really ill surely they should be tested to find out whats wrong with them.

Senior NHS managers have been told that medics will stop testing for the strain known as Covid-19 “once around 100 cases have been confirmed”, The Sunday Telegraph reported.

Any ideas on the reason for this if true? Perhaps its to stop people obsessing about the numbers and trying to reduce panic. Its a bit shitty though im my opinion. If somebody is taken really ill surely they should be tested to find out whats wrong with them.

Re your final point, 100% yes anyone that is ill should be tested and treated accordingly. The uk plan if you become ill would appear to be to simply self isolate, tough shit if the virus kills you. Little better than a third world country. The NHS is at breaking point thanks to ten years of chronic under funding.

Self Isolate ! 14 days where you can't go out, how many days food do you have right now?
No milk in a couple of days, no bread within a week, fresh Veg gone in 5 days, I doubt many families have food at home for more than a week

Back