New camera advice

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumix LX5 is just released and is an awesome camera. I also recently bought the Lumix TZ10 which is a great camera, slightly smaller than the LX5 and with an optical zoom to 300mm

I'm a Canon SLR user myself, but for point and shoot camera, Lumix is really leading the way at the moment, and I've chosen them over Canon the last couple of times.
Yeah it was a toss up between the LX5 or Canon G11 but the LX5 hasn't been released here yet and I'm not good at waiting! :lol:

I'll play about with this and see how it will fair up with out travels later in the year, and if it's no good try out the LX5!

Janie - Those are excleent but particularly love the top flower

Roger - got the niece the Lumix and she loves it (was about a tun cheaper than the new one and she'll never know the difference :lol:)

I don't own one, but a couple of mates have the Panasonic (Lumix) FZ18 and swear by it. Apparently the lens is a Leica. :eek:

I don't own one, but a couple of mates have the Panasonic (Lumix) FZ18 and swear by it. Apparently the lens is a Leica. :eek:

Tis indeed. Leica sell a rebadge version of the same camera with a tweaked menu system for summat like £300 more.

Roger - got the niece the Lumix and she loves it (was about a tun cheaper than the new one and she'll never know the difference :lol:)

Both were available when I got mine and there is no way the TZ10 was worth £100 more. TZ7 is a cracker for less than £200 and with decent video thrown in when I want that.

Just picked up a Canon Rebel XSI with 18-55mm and 75-300mm lenses. Missus has stashed it away for Christmas though :mad:. Any good? Paid C$735.00 for it (£460.00). Haven't used an SLR since my old Yashica 35mm film camera.

Edit - The Rebel XSI is the EOS 450D in the UK apparently.

Just picked up a Canon Rebel XSI with 18-55mm and 75-300mm lenses. Missus has stashed it away for Christmas though :mad:. Any good? Paid C$735.00 for it (£460.00). Haven't used an SLR since my old Yashica 35mm film camera.

No idea mate but waht a cracking arse :lol:

No its rubbish . . . .shame you bought it!

Only kidding ;)

The EOS 450 is a very good camera body, I've used a similar but older 400d for the last 3 years and it's served me very well.

You have a good focal range covered by those lenses, so once you figure out how to use the camera and what kind of photography you're into, start enjoying the pictures etc, then if you want to take it further, look at upgrading lense as opposed to camera.

Yeah it is a good camera, I have the next one up 500D, got 18-55is, 55-250is, 50mm 1.8(must have - great quality for about £70) and a sigma 10-20mm. Just got the sigma and havent been able to use it properly yet. You will enjoy using it, just a shame you have to wait till chrimbo!

rigtht, i'm mega f***ing pissed off with rockys bastard cameras, i still dont have a lens after sending him countless emails that he wont reply to, he said about a month ago that he was sending a replacement lens, a week passes - no lens, i email him, get a reply saying he didnt have one to replace it with, so i point out to him that there is one on his site that is £5 cheaper than what i paid in the 1st place, so now for over 2 weeks this lens is still on his site and he wont answer my emails, robbing bastard.

i hope this shows up on google so that anyone searching for his feedback reads it.:evil:

Yeah it is a good camera, I have the one that replaced it, the 500D, got 18-55is, 55-250is, 50mm 1.8(must have - great quality for about £70) and a sigma 10-20mm. Just got the sigma and havent been able to use it properly yet. You will enjoy using it, just a shame you have to wait till chrimbo!

Pedantic as ever, but tidied for you. :oops:

rigtht, i'm mega f***ing pissed off with rockys bastard cameras, i still dont have a lens after sending him countless emails that he wont reply to, he said about a month ago that he was sending a replacement lens, a week passes - no lens, i email him, get a reply saying he didnt have one to replace it with, so i point out to him that there is one on his site that is £5 cheaper than what i paid in the 1st place, so now for over 2 weeks this lens is still on his site and he wont answer my emails, robbing bastard.

i hope this shows up on google so that anyone searching for his feedback reads it.:evil:

Start a thread. Google is pretty good at picking those up.

If Ab will let you ;)

I must say that I've ordered from there 3 times now, and I've received my order as described within 5 days - and that's to Ireland.

Sounds like they're not great when it goes wrong like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back