new builds

anitdontmajanow

Central Defender
does anyone live in one and has put abit of flooring in the loft for storage, its one of these smart lofts and has none of that fibreglass shit but i assume abit of flooring to hoy suitcases n shit up their would be ok ?

Check your paperwork. I know my mate bought one off Persimmon about 8 years ago, and they weren't allowed to board the loft out and use it for storage.

At least, Persimmon couldn't stop them, but it did void the warranty.

Check your paperwork. I know my mate bought one off Persimmon about 8 years ago, and they weren't allowed to board the loft out and use it for storage.

cheers mate, ill ask the barratts site manager but they are tateys and still cant do our bastard garden right

What the actual fuck is a "Smart Loft"? :lol:

"Alexa? Is my loft capable of taking suitcases?"

dint nah that's what barratts called it probably just hoying clever words about

Last edited:
cheers mate, ill ask the barratts site manager
Maybe best to ask them if they do a loft boarding service, and how much it costs.
Then you'll know if you can actually do it, or if they say "you can't do that" because they want your money!

Oh, and then get a regular joiner to fit 8x4 sheets of chipboard to do the job for 10% of the price!

Why should you not? Loft space in U.K. homes is a massive waste of space.

The roof trusses will not have been designed for storage loading (which can be substantial) to keep costs down.
I agree that they should as it is a space waste and some will board out and overload and end up with sagging ceilings.

The roof trusses will not have been designed for storage loading (which can be substantial) to keep costs down.
I agree that they should as it is a space waste and some will board out and overload and end up with sagging ceilings.
Yeah, this is what they told my mate.

Even just the wood to board out a loft are quite a chunk of weight, and that's before you actually put anything in it.

They build houses now that you can't put owt in the loft?
Is a bit daft ,mines massive but when you look into it its like one of those laser challenges .Bits of wood criss crossing in all directions . Still got a bit stuff up there and a lights ,never climbed in

Not in new builds. Most of them don't have any at all. They instead use the top bit as another bedroom, thus removing the space you'd have had for a loft
The whole of the point of the roof is the loft on mine

Last edited:

Same with Linden.

Back