New Bridge name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying to get back to topic... What about the Gateway Bridge, ultimately it is supposed to be the new gateway into the city centre so it sort of fits.
A link to local history and heritage would be great, but it doesn't seem to be the modern way when it comes to naming things.

Sir Joseph Swan bridge is fine by me.

Need to give people of the town a bit of inspiration. Might even make them look him up and see not only was he famous for inventing the light bulb as we know it, but also the first artificial fabric.

It's quite shameful that he has a plaque in his honour in Newcastle and in Gateshead, but nowt in the town of his birth.

Bridge Ower Troubled Waters,

...would be appropriate after reading some of the posts on here.

Tommy Miller's Crossing
Bridge over the River Kwhy?
A bridge too far

Tommy Miller's Crossing
Bridge over the River Kwhy?
A bridge too far
Bridge over the river why-eye

So Sunderland Council ... us ... Pur in 35 million and those fabulously rich and generous politicians in London p7t in the rest.

That is wonderful. How extravagantly kind and generous those Londoners are.

How would we manage without them diverting some of the money WE pay back to us. We should prostrate ourselves before then.

Just to set a perspective; Londoners have a transport budget of £1580 for EACH Londoner. Ours is £500 for each North Eastener.

These twats are taking the piss.

So Sunderland Council ... us ... Pur in 35 million and those fabulously rich and generous politicians in London p7t in the rest.

How would we manage without them diverting some of the money WE pay back to us. We should prostrate ourselves before then.

Just to set a perspective; Londoners have a transport budget of £1580 for EACH Londoner. Ours is £500 for each North Eastener.

Sorry. Working with a non UK keyboard. Not what I typed ....... I hope

Last edited by a moderator:

Bit of a mouthful. Can we give it a shorter nickname?

Sir Joseph Swan bridge is fine by me.

Need to give people of the town a bit of inspiration. Might even make them look him up and see not only was he famous for inventing the light bulb as we know it, but also the first artificial fabric.

It's quite shameful that he has a plaque in his honour in Newcastle and in Gateshead, but nowt in the town of his birth.
This

If it's not this I'll do a dirty protest on the fucker

Just an alternate perspective, the TfL system has to deal with a hell of a lot more tourists than the northeastern system.
Just as a reflection on that. So what? They could consider adding some of the money provided by those tourists for London's greedy world which would allow a fair distribution for the whole of England of money provided by the whole of England.

What you have just reminded us of is that working people around the UK are subsidising the London greed-fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back