New Boiler Cost

Got a problem with my boiler and need it replacing ASAP.

Been quoted £3,330 for:

New Glowworm Ultimate 30 combi
Powerflush current heating system
Moving gas pipes and rerouting to new boiler location
Capping gas at current locations
Removal of current boiler

Reckons it's 3 days work....

Does this sound about right? Feels expensive to me

3 days seems a bit toppy. If boiler was staying in same location then a long day should do it. As its moving, and they are powerflushing I would have thought 2 days (I suppose it depends where it is moving from and too with respect of the complexity of moving all the other pipework). Are they changing rad valves/ TRV's?

I would have said £2.5k would be a good price-

I paid £1700 for a new boiler with 10 year guarantee, hive and a carbon flush in March. He's a mate, so I may have got mate's rates, but all his reviews are 5* on google so I think that's his general prices. 2 years interest free credit too on it.

You may need more work than just a new boiler install so its likely the be a little more expensive though.

Seems about right to me, maybe slightly expensive I paid £2.2 a few month ago nothing moved or owt but they did need to relocate the flu but done in a day so.

Been quoted £3,330 for:

Had same job done but boiler put in upstairs room cupboard. Old conventional boiler out and tank. New baxi with 10 year quarantee and powerflush. Just over 2600 and just under 2 day job. Onflo plumbing and heating did mine. He's a cracking lad who won't leave on day till all mess cleaned up. His aftercare is fantastic and had first service free off him. Had put in two years ago and never had a problem fingers crossed. He was not the cheapest out of quotes but his knowledge and workmanship is very good. Check his reviews

The set-up is bizzare.

We have a Potterton Slimline Classic in the kitchen which is where the gas goes.

Then upstairs we have Gledhill Boilermate 2000.

The plumber said the Boilermate is the issue and will continue to be. So he said the best thing to do is get rid of the Boilermate and put a combi in upstairs.

Been quoted £3,330 for:

I paid exactly the same, £3300 last January to have a standard system with a tank removed and a combi, new pipework and system flush in a 3 storey house, no new rads reqd.
2 day job

I paid £1700 for a new boiler with 10 year guarantee, hive and a carbon flush in March. He's a mate, so I may have got mate's rates, but all his reviews are 5* on google so I think that's his general prices. 2 years interest free credit too on it.

You may need more work than just a new boiler install so its likely the be a little more expensive though.
I am after s astraight swap price, whats the company please?

Back