New bars in Sunlun

No draught beer in the Church Door on Saturday night when we were in, had to have bottled.

2 bottles of Heineken, 1 single gin and tonic and 1 single vodka & lemonade - £17.50:evil:

Now that is taking the piss in my book.

Too true marra, but I don't like having my pants down and my arse slapped.:lol:

Some places are taking the piss with spirits. The glass centre for example is 6.50 for a single gin and mixer. I know a posh gin probably works out at least a quid cost per shot but the markup is daft. No wasteage either unlike beer. They probably sold you some fancy gin or vodka and never told you. If I asked for a gin and tonic and they knocked it up without telling me it was 6.50 id tell them to hoy it.

Some places are taking the piss with spirits. The glass centre for example is 6.50 for a single gin and mixer. I know a posh gin probably works out at least a quid cost per shot but the markup is daft. No wasteage either unlike beer. They probably sold you some fancy gin or vodka and never told you. If I asked for a gin and tonic and they knocked it up without telling me it was 6.50 id tell them to hoy it.

It's for those who enjoy alcohol rather the effects of it. Plenty of cheap places that cater for the piss up brigade tbf.

Depends marra. Take Whisky for example. The cheap stuff is cheap because it's harsh and lifting.

My point was more some people will moan about prices regardless of how it tastes.

I don’t think people are saying they want cheap stuff, just reasonable prices.

Five/six pound a pint in Sunderland is taking the piss a bit.

Or it’s for those who like to think because they are paying high they are getting high end. In Sunderland you aren’t, ever. Unless you buy meat in GrangeTown or Sea Road.

Or it’s for those who like to think because they are paying high they are getting high end. In Sunderland you aren’t, ever. Unless you buy meat in GrangeTown or Sea Road.

Not true. Some of the booze sold at Lous is excellent and the price often reflects.

Surely it depends upon the drink choice and how it's been looked after rather than where its served.

where is it 5/6 pound a pint like? other than for high end, strong craft ale in the dun cow or isis

i already said that i paid £3.20 in there for moretti after the match. i think its normally £3.60 but they had an offer on. still not £4/5.

i think in most places when people want spirits and mixers, its knocking on £5 nowadays

2 pints of Peroni in Fitzies £9.80, daft man.

Exactly £1 cheaper than I paid in Central London last month for the same order.

Its a shame theres not a bar where the Corner Flag used to be , that area is fantastic now , a pub on the corner there would be class.

Last edited:
People in glass centres shouldn't throw stones, or drinks.

Last edited:

Back