Netherlands Tour 2021

Any idea how you go about getting tickets for this?

Buy an approved tour package ☹️

I do know of the pair who run the company above cos they go to all England games. Think they’d do a bespoke package from Newcastle and I think they get an allocation from the Dutch board.

Not sure quite where to put this. Got an email from a tour company I registered with a while ago about the Ashes. Not sure how much to read into it or if they’re just being optimistic/desperate for business. Either way it doesn’t look good for us young uns as you’ll need to have the vaccine :neutral:

“With the final of the T20 so late in November it could be a mad dash from one to the other but at least you will be halfway there! Ashes should go on sale in January. Although no official policy has been announced as yet, it is likely that it will be a pre-requisite for all non-citizen arrivals into Australia and New Zealand to have been vaccinated before arriving and to have had a negative COVID test prior to arrival.

Best estimation however is that Australianborders will open 1st October 2021 This is the most realistic reopening date and we would encourage travellers to book very early as demand for flights will be huge for nationals as well as visitors.”

Not sure quite where to put this. Got an email from a tour company I registered with a while ago about the Ashes. Not sure how much to read into it or if they’re just being optimistic/desperate for business. Either way it doesn’t look good for us young uns as you’ll need to have the vaccine :neutral:

“With the final of the T20 so late in November it could be a mad dash from one to the other but at least you will be halfway there! Ashes should go on sale in January. Although no official policy has been announced as yet, it is likely that it will be a pre-requisite for all non-citizen arrivals into Australia and New Zealand to have been vaccinated before arriving and to have had a negative COVID test prior to arrival.

Best estimation however is that Australianborders will open 1st October 2021 This is the most realistic reopening date and we would encourage travellers to book very early as demand for flights will be huge for nationals as well as visitors.”

Typical "hurry up and book before we sell out" from a tour company. Do they want a deposit?

The only time I've ever flew anywhere direct was to Barbados cos the only places you could fly from was the UK and eastern USA (didn't fancy being hassled by US immigration staff, even on a short stopover while transferring). Plenty of via destinations to Oz from the middle east and far east. Will be much cheaper than direct and plentiful seats (but a few hours in HK or suchlike).

Typical "hurry up and book before we sell out" from a tour company. Do they want a deposit?

The only time I've ever flew anywhere direct was to Barbados cos the only places you could fly from was the UK and eastern USA (didn't fancy being hassled by US immigration staff, even on a short stopover while transferring). Plenty of via destinations to Oz from the middle east and far east. Will be much cheaper than direct and plentiful seats (but a few hours in HK or suchlike).
Aye I just signed up for potential updates and “itk” stuff a while back so I could go ahead and book things privately in advance. No nothing about wanting any deposits just that “we’ll be taking bookings in January when things are confirmed”. Almost reads like a scam tbh

Hi pad.. Careful if your riding a27 cycle path today .. I been running up and down earlier today .. See 3 cyclist slide off on the wooden bridge half way along.. It's well slippery..

Aye I just signed up for potential updates and “itk” stuff a while back so I could go ahead and book things privately in advance. No nothing about wanting any deposits just that “we’ll be taking bookings in January when things are confirmed”. Almost reads like a scam tbh

If they play Wellington in NZ I might go but I'll be travelling independently. Book up flights on a credit card and get some of protection if it goes tits up. Accommodation book with no cancellation charges.

I'd think package tours will be north of £3k easy.
Hi pad.. Careful if your riding a27 cycle path today .. I been running up and down earlier today .. See 3 cyclist slide off on the wooden bridge half way along.. It's well slippery..

Cheers mate, riding home at about 6pm. Seen a few accidents there down the years. It's really awkward for emergency services to get to anarl, have to park half a mile away and walk the rest with stretcher etc.

Last edited:
If they play Wellington in NZ I might go but I'll be travelling independently. Book up flights on a credit card and get some of protection if it goes tits up. Accommodation book with no cancellation charges.

I'd think package tours will be north of £3k easy.

Cheers mate, riding home at about 6pm. Seen a few accidents there down the years. It's really awkward for emergency services to get to anarl, have to park half a mile away and walk the rest with stretcher etc.
Great ground is the Basin Reserve

The Cake Tin in Town is soulless mind

Back