Netflix

ROKER PARK

Central Defender
If this comes off the owners deserve a pat on the back. Despite all the flak the taken by the minority of fans they seem to have the club's interests at heart. Yes they are in it for the money, most would be. However I just wonder how much the "Sunderand till I die" programme has played a part in this. It has opened up a whole new audience to the club we love, people who will never have heard of Sunderland and may have been the catalyst for this audacious deal.

I work away, between Cheshire, Manchester and Cumbria and you’d be surprised at how many people have watched the Sunderland documentary and comment on it when football comes up and I mention I’m a Sunderland fan. I’d say more people have than haven’t watched it out of the football fans I speak to, so clearly it’s got our name out there in a major way

If this comes off the owners deserve a pat on the back. Despite all the flak the taken by the minority of fans they seem to have the club's interests at heart. Yes they are in it for the money, most would be. However I just wonder how much the "Sunderand till I die" programme has played a part in this. It has opened up a whole new audience to the club we love, people who will never have heard of Sunderland and may have been the catalyst for this audacious deal.
Definitely put us on a stage we hadn’t been on before. Donald has said a few times he’s been batting away offers constantly. Great idea from short to be fair to him.

Nail on the head.

Back