Netflix Sophie: A murder in West Cork

They lost a large metal gate with blood on it, the prime suspect's coat which he was potentially wearing on the night of the murder and multiple pages of investigation notes. Most of the time you'd assume this was something sinister but with these clowns it may well just be simple incompetence.
Haha x

They lost a large metal gate with blood on it, the prime suspect's coat which he was potentially wearing on the night of the murder and multiple pages of investigation notes. Most of the time you'd assume this was something sinister but with these clowns it may well just be simple incompetence.
The missing gate story has been debunked recently but I agree there were mistakes.

I watched the Netflix documentary and was staggered by how inept the lead investigator for the Garda was. He wouldn’t have looked out of place as a lead character in Father Ted and subtitles would have been helpful at times with his unintelligible accent. I think it would have been solved quite easily if it had been looked at by a competent police force. Can just imagine them tramping all over the murder site and eating their packed lunches
Im watching it now but its in about 5 parts ? its like a really bad cluedo pisstake

Last edited:
I haven't watched all of the Sky one yet, so I'm not sure if it's even in it, but I've heard rumours of Sophie being murdered by a Guard.
Its very Dads army and the seriousness of the horrific crime showed the whole shambles up ,after that it looks like its all cover ups and stitch ups

Binge watched it the other night. Very interesting. A proper balls up by the garda, but the guy was guilty as hell.
How? Explain
I haven't watched all of the Sky one yet, so I'm not sure if it's even in it, but I've heard rumours of Sophie being murdered by a Guard.
This is plausible.

There was a blue fiesta seen fleeing the scene of the night/morning of the murder, a ‘ troubled ‘ copper who was involved in some dodgy stuff was known to drive a blue fiesta.

There’s a lot of information on Reddit from the podcasts and other documentaries etc that was left out of the sky documentary.

Bailey was a massive tosser but he didn’t kill this lass IMO.

Last edited:
I’ve binge listened the podcast whilst painting my fence and there’s a lot more information on there than the Netflix documentary. The two Guards who supplied the drifter bloke with weed so he could befriend and spy on Bailey defied belief. Also the fact that they tapped their own phone conversations without realising it summed up their ineptitude.

Not sure if Bailey is guilty of the murder or of just being an attention seeking bellend. Either way, the Guards well and truly fucked up any opportunity of proving it with their old school bully boy tactics.

I was reading yesterday, Marie Farell is now saying she's identified who she saw outside her shop on the day of the murder from a photo and it's a family member of Sohpie. Shame she has no credibility left or this might change everything about this.

How? Explain

This is plausible.

There was a blue fiesta seen fleeing the scene of the night/morning of the murder, a ‘ troubled ‘ copper who was involved in some dodgy stuff was known to drive a blue fiesta.

There’s a lot of information on Reddit from the podcasts and other documentaries etc that was left out of the sky documentary.

Bailey was a massive tosser but he didn’t kill this lass IMO.

I have only watched the Netflix doc, and on that he seems very much guilty.

I'll check out the other documentaries.

Back