Netflix shows that might slip through the net

Intelligence - Canadian TV show. Crime drama from 2005-2007 (not to be confused with the other 2 shows of the same name).

Reminds me of The Wire.

Very very good.

Watched the first episode of Godless - violent, gritty western series. Fantastic on first watch. Watched a bit of She's gotta have it series - rubbish, which is a shame because the original film was great.

Watched the first episode of Godless - violent, gritty western series. Fantastic on first watch. Watched a bit of She's gotta have it series - rubbish, which is a shame because the original film was great.
Godless is excellent. Just got the final episode to watch. Don't fancy She's gotta have it, and I remember liking the original film too.

Forget the name but there's a canny Brazilian dystopian show. Something percent maybe
3%. Young adults take part in trials to move to a utopian paradise when the other 97% of humanity lives in a shitty dystopian near-future society.

I was enjoying it for about 8 episodes then stopped watching it for some reason. I’ll have to get it finished.

3%. Young adults take part in trials to move to a utopian paradise when the other 97% of humanity lives in a shitty dystopian near-future society.

I was enjoying it for about 8 episodes then stopped watching it for some reason. I’ll have to get it finished.

That's the one, it was canny, a bit weird, but canny still.

Just finished Alias Grace - a re working of the Margaret Attwood novel (based on an 1859 true crime case) which I really enjoyed. The narrative might be a little talky for some but it worked for me as it showed the different sides of Grace's character and covered a lot of the same themes as The Handmaid's Tale. Great sense of period too and beautifully filmed.
Loved the handmaid's tale so have added this to the list. Christ knows then I'll get time to watch them :lol:

Back